VOTING - Open Battle #03: ”Collabed”

Voting for Open Battle #03: ”Collabed” will open soon in this thread. The winners will have the honour of coming up with the mission brief for Open Battle #04.

Please take a moment to listen to these tracks made by our fellow Elektronauts in collaboration with, yes, another Elektronaut. A huge thank you to everyone who finished a track and/or showed interest in the idea of collabs through this forum. Really hope more collabs will happen around here in the future!

Voting will be open for all members on the forum and will close on Sunday August 29th.

@ViolentMeals & @Fin25 : Exposed Aggregate

@HoldMyBeer & @plusn : Grain Elevator

@Unifono & @plusn : Collabed #1

@HisMostDarxxxellent & @the_PMO : Canland Funk

@Maisin & @Affectionate-Bee-781 : Beach Geanuil

@Affectionate-Bee-781 & @korpinen : Anise Hyssop

@blakewalt & @korpinen : Eyes on the Wall

14 Likes
Cast your vote here!

0 voters

9 Likes

Looking forward to listening through all these tomorrow

3 Likes

Was really fun to go through the entries once again. In the end I voted for @HisMostDarxxxellent and @the_PMO. Love how the noisy elements intermingle with the catchy groove!

3 Likes

Argl, I can’t decide…

3 Likes

Genuinely enjoyed all seven of these. Great idea for a battle…hope it’s not the last

4 Likes

You want a lift to the polling station?

2 Likes

Well that’s not an easy choice lol

So much quality but there is 3 standouts for me. Definitely going to need multiple listens to decide

Honestly well done everyone, loved all these

5 Likes

My thoughts exactly.

When I was listening to them they all deserved merits for individual stand out reasons.

The mixdown on one track was very clean and a joy to listen to technically.
Another track had so much depth and soul, wonderfully mixed, it almost felt like I was listening to a painting.
One track had an outstanding arrangement along with very interesting sound sources.

Yeah… I’m going to sleep on it and listen once again tomorrow. Much love!

6 Likes

Congrats to everyone, wonderful Saturday morning listen!

4 Likes

Yoooooo!!! Thanks a bunch @korpinen! Glad you enjoyed the vibe :blush:

1 Like

Revisiting these AGAIN after a couple of days… :smiley:

Like many people have said, all the tracks have A LOT going for them. And speaking for myself, it was awesome to see a track coming together that was both very familiar and a bit strange (in a good way) at the same time. That’s collaboration for you right there. Really enjoyed the process!

5 Likes

I am very impressed.
@korpinen I love the spirit of your brief, and both tracks you participated in are two of my favorites.
Thank you a lot for animating this battle!

The tracks are very enjoyable, I hope some of you keep on collaborating because there were some nice combinations here!

I regret to have failed to finish a single track despite launching 2 collaborations. But the timing was not right, unfortunately…

My vote goes for “Anise Hyssop”, because I am in an ambient mood these days.

5 Likes

Excellent set of tracks here, it’s great to see what these collaborations resulted in, such a wide variety given that some people were involved in multiple collabs! Really hard to pick a favourite, but I went with Beach Geanúil in the end as the vibe suited my mood today.

3 Likes

Took me a few days to decide between eyes on the wall and exposed aggregate. Two totally different tracks so couldn’t compare them on many similarities

3 Likes

You made the right choice.

3 Likes

I won’t disclose my vote to avoid influencing people (in a good or… bad way haha) but all the tracks were great so it was really hard to decide.
I do have 3 favs but nothing rational about it (if art was about being rational, I’d be doomed!)

Anyway, great work eveyone!
Thanks @korpinen for this idea!

2 Likes

You know we can see who you voted for, right?

3 Likes

I thought… only people who did vote as of now. wrong?

1 Like

Oh yeah, probably