Volca kick samples

These are some samples I’ve made from a volca kick, some of them through the analog heat.

I’m new to making samples, so I don’t know about their quality, all comments are welcome. Also, if you find them useful, you can use them for whatever you want (CC0, public domain), but if you let me know I’ll be happy.

All samples are tuned to C and are mostly, well… kicks.

volcakick.zip (6.7 MB)

9 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Liking them! Sound good to me.

1 Like

Some of the more processed ones are pretty sweet, could be mistaken for some acoustic kick or something! :drum: :alien:

I‘d find it kinda nice if there were two or three versions of – almost? – the same parameters recorded as 5.a, 5.b, 5.c. I find that these samples work really well in 8ths or 16ths and if there‘s always precisely the same waveform playing, it gets a bit static.

1 Like

I didn’t think of recording many variants of each sound. And now it’s difficult to recreate the same parameters, as I didn’t find an easy way to annotate them and the volca has no way to store presets.

If you like in particular some samples, I could try to make something similar in several versions.

Did you use an automated way to normalise / trim / export to single files.

I haven’t settled on a nice method yet … maybe for another thread ?

No, I’ve recorded all samples into the DAW, then cut them by hand, one by one, and exported each sample into a different file. Tedious…