Visuals for music, tips/starters!

Or you outsource it to your 12 yo neighbor.

6 Likes

Are there any serious Ipad apps for these tasks?

1 Like

I would add some more apps which are used by vjs:

• Modul8
  • Unity3D

If you already own an iPad or iPhone then going down the app route is a no brainer for the cheapest way to achieve synced video to sound.

there’s also apps like Glitche that’ll created glitched videos (you self-glitch), then you could import these into a video sequencer app and cut up to your hearts content in time with the music.

I was looking up Ipad Apps. So far I found:

• TouchVIZ
  • Wizibel
  • K Machine
  • Generate
4 Likes

Are these reactive to audio? I find most Ipad apps are just for filter/cutting.

1 Like

K machine definitely has audio reactors

1 Like

Not sure. I have to check them out. I‘m on the trip again that I have to learn max but this time because of jitter :sweat_smile:
Learning an ipad app would be the easier way to go I guess

1 Like

okay, so basicly how it works with the iPad apps?
Can I stream /record Audio on the iPad via Camera connecting kit and then generate the visuals with the app … and then? Can I send the visuals to a beamer or create a .mov / .mp4 Video file incl. Music like a Music Video?

The OP-Z Unity3D stuff looks amazing.

Does anyone have experience using Unity? Is it straightforward to learn?

A bit unsure on this with the OP-Z being such a new product, but from what I’ve seen so far it looks great.

I’m glad to see Touch listed here. I began using is back in 2002 and was amazed by it then. I can only imagine how it has evolved. I should check it out again.

Touch has very sophisticated features and the output skews towards jaw dropping.

https://www.derivative.ca/

4 Likes

K-machine on the ipad

2 Likes

You can use Audacity (free daw software) to do datamoshing

3 Likes

We use WebGL and ThreeJS for our stuff. Have made an open source software for performing with visuals, allows sequencing, MIDI control, audio reactivity etc. If you’re savvy with code check it out :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I find circuit bent hardware the most immediate and fun. You can film a crt screen with a nice camera.
Be sure to check out Tachyons+ and BPMC

2 Likes

Does anybody have any experience with Magic? It’s not free but not as pricey as some other options.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Hmmm i rather have someone do the visual Art for my Music. I really suck with that …

me too. but i hate to always be dependent on somebody. i can try at least :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

looks very cool. i think i start with this one