Visuals for music, tips/starters!

Yeah you can learn Max, or some cinema 4d and grab assets from the net. Or you can do it the easy way and find some anime clips, slap your track on, and upload to YT.

5 Likes

funny. i wanted to open the same thread today

1 Like

what not for free program would be recommended? is anything better than max for this job?

1 Like

Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects.

4 Likes

Content creation Premiere / After
Music sync/ VJ - Resolume Avenue

With Avenue you can do a lot of effects like those in this video even with still image

8 Likes

There are hardware boxes like LZX Vidiot and Critter & Guitari have a few boxes. For software id say the most accessible one to use is Lumen or Resolume.

2 Likes

Ah, intertesting. Ill be sure to check them out. Thanks for the input people!

I use resolume 4 in tandem with the digitakt to do visuals. I used to just use resolume and a couple midi controllers and “play live” to do visual and stay in sync with music. But now, I can use the digitakt midi tracks to sequence resolume and it keeps everything nice and tight.

5 Likes

lumen

THIS? Could be fun…

2 Likes

I really like this thread!

This is a great video, the visuals match the audio very well.

I know it’s programmed and not synced to the music, I just enjoy the 3D visuals.

3 Likes

I always felt video fell short when mixed with audio. Either cheesy or off-topic footages.

Recently, I found that the OP-Z had an interesting take on it via Unity. Following it with great curiosity https://teenageengineering.com/products/op-z/videolab

3 Likes

Wow! This Critter and Guitari ETC video synth is the coolest!

4 Likes

the OPZ --> Unity integration looks fun

1 Like

this thing looks really cool. never heard of it before. there seems to be a Etc patch for Organelle too

1 Like

If you own Max4Live, checkout ZwoBotMax! :+1:

4 Likes

Aestesis Elektronika is a modular Live VJ Software, free download. Very interesting functions but I could not find a proper Manual or tutorial. http://aestesis.eu/elektronika/

without spending anything this will be quite tough … here is some „free“ software:

3D
Blender (open source) 0€ vs. Cinema 4D aprox. 1500-3000€

Editing / Compositing
DaVinci Resolve / Fusion (node based like Nuke) from BMD 0€ vs. Adobe Premiere / After Effects 20€/month

Visuals
TouchDesigner 0€ (non pro - only one output and other limitations) vs. Resolume / VDMX / MadMapper >300€

The thing is: Free software either comes with limitations (for non-pro / Studio version) and or a very steep learning curve (mostly both).

Or you outsource it to your 12 yo neighbor.

6 Likes

Are there any serious Ipad apps for these tasks?

1 Like