Video editing software

Here is my fun end result from today’s editing process:

Enjoy!

fix fuzziness at the source; there should be a focus function on the iPhone for video, be sure to check that out.

hmm strange I have HD enabled on the phone need to see what could be the root cause

this may be of interest …
the tapping technique might be somewhat extreme although as a bonus it could be sampled as a sequencing rhythm element.

in fact all of the tips except for the single tap or the elongated hold-focus are all seeming to be quite alarming.

1 Like

If you plan to do a lot of shooting from your iPhone, it might make sense to look at the FiLMiC Pro app.

3 Likes

Many thanks I will check this out. Yes, the iphone is great tool and makes it less expensive since I have the other gear.

Premier and After Effects.

Many thanks that helped a bunch and will keep working on clarity. I just did some more editing and here is my last cut for the night with iMovie:

1 Like

oh i say, yay for Renaissance Man! :joy:

titling is great except for any kind of animated text where one word comes from the left at the same time as another coming from the right. it just doesn’t work.

for titling it is better if a word enters from the right only or only from the left … and then another from below, above, suddenly appears in a beat, or fades into view in position? cool.

anyway yes the video is great quality. and the titling work is encouraging, engaging and relevant.

as they say, the best way to learn a subject is to figure out how to teach the ideas to another.

glad to see the video is in fact showing more clarity. more details, edges.

the clarity fix video tutorial seemed quite alarming and extreme although some comments did seem to indicate some people found at least a couple of the techniques useful.

maybe you could do a track construction video where you make a beat from scratch or with semi prepared elements, perhaps bring another instrument into the mix.

1 Like

Thanks it really is hard work learning video editing software. I spent all day working on it and still have long way to go to add fancy features like video in video and other fancy stuff. I plan to do a beat construction video and less talking in next one.

1 Like

Premiere pro here too as part of adobe cc suite - £50 a month for everything. As self employed it’s tax relief so not an issue

2 Likes

I will consider that for my PC and using iMovie for time being since it is free on Macbook Pro. But since I want to produce some videos on other stuff the PC software will be helpful as well.

specific software matters little. It’s all about your personal style/technique that you can develop trough learning and practice. Good thing is that there are so much good work out there to watch and learn. Like this https://youtu.be/Dik2TZTDaM8

1 Like

totally agree and I had easier time using iMovie than FCP X which is a beast to learn in comparison. I do want to try some out for PC to do videos on that box.

So I’m looking to beef up my content for my social media pages and make live performance videos of short sets and ideas with my hardware set up, and general clips of me working on tracks for like instagram or something.

I want to record both video and audio sententiously (like boiler room style)

I have a camera, but i’d probably need like a recorder of some sort to run the audio into. Only video editing software i got is imovie if that is efficient. No crazy effects or editing is necessary for what I wanna do.

Please if there’s already a thread about this, point me in the right direction on how to make these sort of videos.

Imovie should be fine I’ve used it to merge audio and video. Not completely intuitive but its free. Audacity is a freebie sound recorder that’s easy to use. With those and your camera footage you should be on your way.

1 Like

WHat I’m thinking is Record Video with a camera and audio with like a Zoom H4 at the same time, then dropping them onto the computer with iMovie and syncing them up.

I’ve been using this for recording input from multiple sources simultaneously (composite video > USB converter, mixer > USB soundcard) so as to match video and audio at the same time, and it seems useful (and free too): https://obsproject.com/

1 Like

iMovie works well if you have a Mac and is free. I was able to clean up a lot of my old videos that way pretty easy to learn as well.

My pro video editor/animator mates use Premier, but as an amateur I find Final Cut X really good and easy to get to grips with. There are some excellent tutorials on youtube.