Very dumb question regarding saving

I’ve looked at the manual and can’t figure this seemingly easy task out. I’m trying to save patterns, but every time I do it asks me if I want to save the entire project. Does this mean each time I save, I’m saving every pattern I have currently in temp memory?

I’ve been playing w/ the machine for months and haven’t been saving. I have about 30 patterns on 4 different banks.

Saving the project saves every pattern in the project. If you haven’t done this in months and want to save all the patterns in the project, do it! FUNC + YES only saves the current version of the active pattern, which you can reload with FUNC + NO.

1 Like

ok. so apparently i’ve been doing it wrong. If i have a song (“project”) w/ 5 patterns, i only have to save once as “song 1” (not “song 1 a” / “song 1 b” / etc), but if there are patterns from song 2 also in the memory, it’ll save along w/ it.

then i’ll have to save “song 2” and remove the patterns from song 1.

I wouldn’t recommend saving a different project per song; it’s far more economical to just use a different bank if you want to start working on another track. Having to manually load other projects just to change songs sounds like a nightmare!

e.g. would be better to work like this:

Bank 1, patterns 1–5: song 1
Bank 2, patterns 1–whatever: song 2

Or… since you’re not using all 16 patterns in a bank, you could have several “songs” per bank.

Also, patterns are saved (to RAM, as tnussb said below) as you edit them, so there’s no need to manually save until you want to make a backup or restore point (or change project).

2 Likes

economically it makes sense, but it seems hard to find things later down the line. there’s no file structure w/in banks or patterns. so i’d have to just remember where a certain pattern is.

does anyone have any good methods of how they save things?

Do the double tap like I do. Everytime I save the pattern, I save the project. Boom Boom! It only takes an extra 2 seconds to do them both.

1 Like

10.7.4 SAVE TO PROJ

You must have saved the project at least once before you can save pattern information

Otherwise it doesn’t know where to save the pattern info to.

1 Like