Vermona PerFourmer MKII

Every once in a while I want to post something about the PerFourmer on the forum and notice that there isn’t a dedicated thread. A synth this unique and awesome should have its own dedicated thread!

Also, for those of us in the U.S. who have been waiting for some stock to arrive, Perfect Circuit has the CV/Gate version on hand:

6 Likes

I think this became the unofficial dedicated Perfourmer thread, proving that there isn’t really an alternative to the P4mer if you want all/most of the same functionality and, especially, the sound. Which goes for most synths, obviously, but the Perfourmer is unique for sure.

2 Likes

I LOVE the Perfourmer. What a beast.

I had to wait for 12 weeks (in The Netherlands) but when it arrived in march, it was non-stop fun.

The velvety sound, the filters, the playmodes.

PURE HEAVEN.

Here are some jams I’ve made. Nothing specials. Just playing.
The Perfourmer, Oxi One and delays en reverb.

11 Likes

Not the most complex synth in terms of functionality - and that’s fine - but the tone is soo lush

2 Likes

This is basically the only synth that I have that I can’t make sound bad. And its not just me because all of the demos on youtube also sound great and that is rare! Also, @Nikarga once posted this link and I absolutely love it, I think their performer rendition is better than the original:

8 Likes

I’ve made an entire album with the Perfourmer and the Octatrack.

5 Likes

What precisely is it that makes it sound so good?

Thank you! That’s actually my track :blue_heart::pray:t4:

Its basically just the Perfourmer running through an Eventide H9 pedal.

Such a cool instrument…. still have it. Love the sound, looks and build quality…

5 Likes

I had it for a while but I didn’t find the filter like I was expected, maybe the range in the top end. However it’s an amazing synth and a joy to perform… those big weighty knobs :heart_eyes: and the playing mode is gold. I want to try the mk1 but it’s hard to find used and only a few demos

2 Likes

Just ordered one. My poor bank account. Seems perfect to route all 4 outputs into the 4 OT inputs with 4 thru tracks. I dont use the OT as a drum machine so that will be perfect.

7 Likes

Where did you order from?

That’s how I use it. Love it.

2 Likes

Perfect Circuit.

1 Like

Cool. They seem to be appearing again in shops.

1 Like

imo the Vermona filters are just lush. I have a Mono Lancet (for sale :wink: ) and its tone is extra rich and buttery. There might be some magic sauce in the oscillators too but I think it’s mostly the filters.

4 Likes

I agree with @natehorn about the sauce and filters. But a big thing about the PerFourmer is also the 4 independent voices, each with their own filter, LFO, and envelopes. There are play modes allowing you to mix those (harmonically) or play them melodically. Lots of creative and rhythmic possibilities. They’re also hand made and built to last.

1 Like

I can’t believe i’ve never done this. Thanks for the tip!

2 Likes

The Perfourmer is like a traditional musical instrument. A very identifiable sound. A bit like a bass guitar in four notes if you want.

4 Likes

Ugh, I don’t want an octatrack but I do want an octatrack, would be nice for that.

1 Like

I love the bass tones on the perfourmer. I think it has a really wide range.

Use it quite a bit here.

2 Likes