Venting : someone stole one of my sample pack to sell it as his own

My pack didn’t contain only stock sounds.

"Apologies for “stealing” the factory sounds from the author of the original sound pack. "

That’s not an apology. It’s laughable.

How many of this did you sell ? Should I ask Shopify, Google Pay and Paypal ?

Now I’m quite pissed off, not gonna lie.

I wonder how many time you have done that…

BTW, isn’t selling those samples from movie some kind of infringement ?

2 Likes

Music wouldn’t be where it is today without sharing and stealing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Truth be told, im not sure what the below quote even means

5 Likes

How does resampling a WAV into a WAV work? I need a Tutorial for Reaper.

9 Likes

Lol jinx :grinning:

3 Likes

How did you resample the sound pack? What was your process? What gear did you use?

Edit
I guess what I’m getting at is … are we talking Samples from Mars levels of resampling using high quality studio gear or does it just involve a mouse and a couple of clicks? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Sounds like “Sorry I got caught ! And sorry that you are upset ! My bad :kissing_heart:

Is it because Red Means Recording kindly answered me then contacted him to tell him to take RMR vids from his page before he takes it to the entire WORLD WIDE WEB ???

1 Like

Sounds like production buzzwords to sidestep the initial allegation

3 Likes

Quarterback speak

1 Like

Of course, we can argue that where we are today is nowhere compared to 250 years ago, when Mozart & co. were alive. Maybe we should at least try to be copy less :cool:

For what its worth, here is a far better response you could have said:

I saw the OP’s sample pack. I was interested in its contents, after hearing it I was really impressed with its high quality contents and wanted to see if he wanted to work together to list it on my site(giving full credit to its creator of course)

He decided he wanted to sell his pack independently, which I can respect.

Inspired by his pack, I decided to make my own.

When working on mine, due to working with a chaotic number of audio files, perhaps some of his got jumbled in. I’ve decided to temporarily remove the pack from my site to ensure none of his files slipped in.

I apologize for any confusion or trouble that came from this.

13 Likes

Or anything other then what was actually said

6 Likes

“Oops”

10 out of 10 response. Will support creme at a future date

3 Likes

At least it wasn’t “Sorry dude, can I offer you a free sound pack?”

6 Likes

Ryan, you are giving $10000 lawyer advise for free?

5 Likes

Its fine. I copywrited it :grinning:

4 Likes
9 Likes

actually…

7 Likes

You know it might not be such a bad idea to hit up someone like Weaver Beats who covers synth related gossip and what not on YouTube. I doubt that this is the first time this happened, especially if there were demos from Red Means Recording videos.

Also, I don’t understand this scam. A lot of people love the CremaCafe skins. Are the stolen sample packs outselling the things they actually make?

5 Likes

Just out of interest, do people make serious money selling sample packs like these? Or is it just a few bugs here and there? And i don’t mean samples from mars or some other big sites.

4 Likes