Vector - Digital hardware synth

You beat me to it! RMR has definitely provided a very compelling demo.

2 Likes

I just randomly came across his new video too and just decided to take a look…

Man I was not expecting that. The concept and sound of this thing is genius. I don’t normally go for touch screen instruments but this seemed to be fluid and capable. Despite the complexity of the method of synthesis it seemed really easy to navigate, I feel like I could just fire straight into it.

It basically seemed like an extremely complex PD/Max/Supercollider patch on a raspberry pie in a nice case or something, but it was undeniably really interesting to me.

Also i normally I wouldn’t pay much attention to presets or patterns made for a demonstration but RMR got some great sounds out of it. I did some digging into the project it turns out to be modestly priced too…£1000 roughly, which is a lot of money for sure…but I’ve spent more on two eurorack modules and particularly at the moment I’m going through a shake up of how I make music, looking for new ideas and potential…this certainly fits the bill and then some.

Such a cool instrument and I’m looking forward to seeing how it takes off.

5 Likes

All it needs now is Hector to introduce Vector…

SCNR

1 Like

I then wondered how much would be added on import to the UK due to Brexit. Yeuch!

I like it though.

Yea that’s another consideration, it’s not gonna be cheap that’s for sure…but hey! at least we have reclaimed our fishing waters!! (We just can’t export any of it, due to having no clue what we’re doing as a nation. Well done Britain!!)

5 Likes

Sounds and feels totally incredible…
Any users out where? How does it feels? Any bugs / freezes?

Have you guys seen Red Means Recording Video with Vector Synthesizer? It sounds amazing, I was going to buy a synth within same price range, now I’m wondering if I should go for this one instead. Any input will be appreciated.

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

I placed a preorder in February and expect to get mine in June 2021.

As for the ethernet connection I was wondering the same. Updates can be made through ethernet and/or a USB stick. The only gear I (still) have with an ethernet connection is my Lemur legacy hardware where it makes total sense to ensure a 100% stable connection to the computer/DAW. Maybe there is something planned for the future to manage similar possibilities?!? :thinking:

Excited to get mine and curious if anyone else is already enjoying his. :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

On their site they say about second generation in green. Is it hardware generation or firmware update? Haven’t found anything else about it anywhere whatsoever.

Where did you read about a green generation, could not find anything?
2nd, generation, yes, some hardware improvements, Updated synthesis engine, versatile corner matrix, MIDI output and some software updates like:

• Increased contrast on the 2D plane by crossfading with an S-shape, instead of linearly
  • New preset manager
  • A couple of new presets added
  • Available space for user presets increased
  • Added tempo sync mode to persistent Global settings
  • Fixed the chorus Stereo switch bug
  • Fixed a bug with Poly Mode not always showing the proper controls
  • Increased hitbox size for some UI elements
  • Other bugfixes, tweaks and quality-of-life improvements as always
  • New Stereo Bias and Suborbit Offset functions in the Dual mode
  • New Stereo Scatter and Detune Drift functions in the Poly mode
  • Numeric value is now shown for all knobs
  • Reworked Polyphony section in the manual, restructured ordering of chapters
  • Increased maximum overall audio output volume
  • Fixed synchronization with external MIDI gear
  • Octaves in the Arpeggiator Step Grid can now be dragged
  • New elliptic encoder weighting curve
1 Like

Is this green? I am colorblind, it is blue for me :grin:

1 Like

vector4

Wow this looks fantastic would love to be creating presets for this one. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

1 Like

Would love to see you making some. :partying_face:
Only few ones out there, that show how amazing this thing can sound. The red means recording Vector Video posted above is pretty cool I personally think though…

They are nice people, go ahead :grin:

1 Like

The text about a second generation is green.

i.e. It says in green text that there is a second generation.

Yeah, I meant “in green text”

So is there 2nd gen on the market yet? If yes, how to distinguish? Or they only plan to release it in future?

:laughing: Now I get it!

1 Like

I ordered back in February and contacted them about a week ago about my shipment, which was 2nd batch by then. Paid half price, 2nd half when shipped.

They still expect it to ship in June, maybe even earlier…, this year :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hmm, I’m very interested in this device too, but someone noted that Digitone is capable of making the same sounds. Please let us know about your opinion on this, once you get one, this would be really helpful

This thing is worth it for the graphics and animations alone. If I were to produce a video of a Track, I would film the animations et voilà, done.