VCV Rack - Open Source sample fodder for Digitakt

Maybe they’ve fixed this but back in the day if you didn’t have a separate video card your fan would go haywire. I don’t think it affected performance though?

1 Like

They haven’t, but there is a VCV Rack fork out there with a custom FPS limiter which works really well

The main issue is that on mac most users have a retina display, while many windows users are still on 1080p. However vcv rack will always run at the highest possible resolution which can be a huge issue. Additionally, it will always try and refresh at 60 fps no matter what. Basically the overall graphical requirements are very high for vcv rack right now, which is clearly unnecessary for most users

1 Like

I run it with the same setup MBP late 2013 i7 16gb ram (dedicated video) and find it good for my needs.

I finally got a chance to try out VCV Rack today. Oh man! Why haven’t I explored modular/this program before?

This is peak mad scientist. I love it(though probably more than my laptop does…)

It’s also, to me, much more inviting than Reaktor blocks

4 Likes

yea it’s way better than reaktor blocks for patching

2 Likes

Multi core has been amp need as coming in V1 (it’s on the VCV site as a tweet)

There is a picture of threads used and it also looks like you. An use a thread or core per row of modules.

V1 is realy shaping up to be something special!

its so great

1 Like

Check this thread out if you have a DT and VCV :grin:

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/dt-ob-driver-to-interface-with-vcv-rack-edit-it-works-pics-in-thread-d/75982/32

More about 1.0 and 2.0 here - there’s all manner of useful things coming, including polyphony, MPE support and DAW hosting as a VST:

1 Like

Agreed, just tried it today!

DT into clouds or double clouds and back into the DT is awesome.
I really dig plaits, rings and i’m blown away by erica synths Black Wavetable VCO ; Black Octasource,l
the wavetable is one of the wavetable vcos ive ever used - hardware or software.
i love the lfo. All the mutable stuff lined up, with the 8 midi tracks in the mix, turns the DT into a super octatrack.

i do, however, miss the parasites mutable stuff which is on its way to a version vcv 1 port and the make noise dpo clone which i’m waiting to come to rack 1!!

1 Like

I really need to dive back into VCV. So many great modules coming out. Last time I ran it synced with Ableton it just about killed my cpu. Old 2010 MacBook, major need of an upgrade.

hey guys i’m just getting started with VCV rack and modular in general. I’d like some tips as a modular noob :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s the best way to go about getting polyphony?

How do I set up my modules so that the key on the keyboard triggers note on/off and tells it what frequency to be? The whole gate and v/oct thing confuses me…

Wow ok this is awesome. Works great on Linux. No CPU issues for me so far. Will absolutely consider sampling this into the DT or blackbox. Thanks for recommending this!

This channel

1 Like

Thanks for this!

I don’t understand the point of using that VIZ poly module? Cause I right clicked my MIDI settings and changed it to poly and that did the trick…So what does the VIZ poly module do exactly?

You can vary signal flows based on order and count of simultaneous input signals.
That gives a little bit expressiveness in the play.

How do I send an LFO and an ADSR both to a filter? It seems the CV of the frequency will only accept one input?

page dosent exist

The link works fine for me. Make sure that you are logged in to Elektronauts when you try to access it. Here’s another link to the same topic, just in case:
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/dt-ob-driver-to-interface-with-vcv-rack-edit-it-works-pics-in-thread-d/75982