Vacation Synth

+1 on the OP-1 (or some POs). I travel all the time with my OP-1 and it’s perfect for long transatlantic flights or early jetlag-induced playing in hotel rooms. Battery lasts forever, and fellow passengers or cabin crew always ask me what it is!

Not sure if you’re flying but putting a DT or DN in your hand luggage would probably raise eyebrows at security, and will add weight to your checked bag.

Have fun!

No flying, just traveling by car to the baltic sea and staying in a rented house for a few days, so electricity will also be not a problem.
I just want to enjoy myself with jamming around with sounds in the evening or at rainy days. No TV there, no internet. No intention to produce big hits. Maybe collecting ideas or sketches. Nothing seious. Just enjoying.

Lots of interesting tips here! I like the idea of just the Digitone and the iPad.
I will definately take a look at the FieldScaper

Leaving the iPad at home and use just Digitone plus Fieldrecorder could be a nice option too.

Thank you guys!

Digitone FTW

1 Like

Wait! You got a Neutron? Already? Uli, is it you?

(#Digitone for sequencing, and because of flexibility and 4 independent tracks. And maybe the 0 coast. If that isn’t enough, download Audulus for the I-pad, it’s the closest thing to Reaktor you can get, you can build your own synth/fx unit and control it via midi.

No Neutron, but i thought about getting one. But i dropped already the Idea.
I recently installed Ripplemaker…my choice AS a Music Easel to Go. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Digitone - a box of wonder. For real, you can get endlessly creative w/it, whether it be jaunty, chiptune-esque, bouncy pop tunes, crazy-detailed, splintering arpeggios, or ever-shifting, “ambient” or industrial soundscapes–and everything in between. Its potential is inexhaustible.

2 Likes

I stopped taking gear with me on all vacations, less worries and I get to listen to silence and nature - receptive senses, and some other fancy esoteric advantages, etc. :wink:
Family happy, me happy.
&
Recharged for fresh soundwork or ready to finish things that are overdue.

Have a good trip!
T.

PS: a small often local instrument I’ll buy on the spot or a few LP’s … it never really ends. :smiley:

7 Likes

Yeah i feel you. When i travel with the family by plane/train, i leave also everything at home, maybe bring the iPad. But in this case, the car allows me comfortably to bring a bit more.

PO32 and PO33 (+Microtonic) are my travel/train rig at the moment. I’m hoping OP-Z will play nicely with them.

1 Like

I took the Monologue to Hawaii in a laptop bag, and it sat perfectly on the airplane tray. It goes for hours on batteries.

2 Likes

OK

this convinced me…iPad plus Keystep. And Digitone just because we travel by Car, otherwise i would leave it Home.

1 Like

I’ll be travelling with my Digitone this weekend. :slight_smile: I probably won’t have a huge amount of time to use it, but I’m thinking I’ll have one late night where I can whip up a tune in a different environment than usual.

I agree, just take one man.

it really sets your gear in perspective and pushes its boundaries.

2 Likes

Digitone without hesitation, it’s so small yet so versatile !

I’ve got my Digitone sequencing my iPad and it’s just bliss!

Yup thats the Intention. Or have Ruismaker sequence the Digitone. :diddly:

2 Likes

Ooooooh! Also cool! I oughta finally try sequencing my Elektrons with Modstep/Patterning

But those Elektron buttons are just SO fun to push :open_mouth:

I get mine tomorrow. I sold my Microbrute a couple of months ago and i have no other keysynth, only Desktops, and i miss a dedicated but small keysynth. And i am curious about it, how it compares to the Minilogue. Ppl seem to either Love/hate it.

I agree with bradleyallen. IMO, it is an instant riff machine that can beat its older sibling up any time it wants to.

I surprised myself. Heading out of town tomorrow for the weekend. I thought I was going to bring the Digitone along for late evenings (my wife and kids sleep at more sensible hours than I do). Then I started synthesizing sounds on the Digitakt the other night for fun, and now I think I’m going to bring it instead. Heavy LFO use, and using the bit reduction to make LSFR style cyclical pitched noise, kinda pushed me over the top. It hasn’t replaced the Tone as my favorite, but I’ve been having ridiculous fun with single cycles (or close to them) cut from larger samples, noise, etc. That will easily occupy my post-vacation-day-fun-pre-sleep couple of hours each night. :smiley: I also grabbed the Nintari sample set to use the pulse trains from the 2600 set. Love that sound, and it makes some really nice basses when filtered.

4 Likes