Using zoia to control MS

hi!

I have this idea to use Zoia as a footswitch midi controller for MS that can do the following:

1. start and stop a pattern
  2. move forward and backward through adjacent pattern banks

ideally so that I can perform songs using the MS and playing guitar at the same time, using my foot to move through the patterns / sections of the song

Is this possible? (from the MS side - I think zoia is open ended with midi CC stuff)

I can’t find any cc message info on the manual that regard to moving through pattern banks

thanks!

To move through patterns, you would use midi PC (program change) … in midi terms an m:s ‘bank’ is just a group of 16 adjacent patterns, so you’ll need to send PC 1, 17, 33, 49 etc.

No idea if the Zoia does that, I’m afraid.

1 Like

I think zoia does send PC so I can figure that out

do PC’s 1, ,17, 33 etc reset depending on the larger pattern bank? By this I mean if I’m on Track 1 pattern bank vs track 2 pattern bank?

I’ll try it out and see if I can make any progress!

ok! so I found a zoia patch that moves through PC which is awesome

Any idea if I can control playback (stop / start) on MS with cc or pc?

1 Like

I don’t see why not. It’s just a toggle play/stop

I think the ZOIA already has a clock- you just need to send the clock out via midi and then start/stop it internally.

Seems easier of the two honestly

Sorry, didn’t explain fully. PC 1 is bank A, pattern 1, 17 is bank B, pattern 1, 18, is bank B, pattern 2, etc. All the patterns of all the banks are addressed consecutively by PC 1-96 … so in PC terms there’s no such thing as an m:s bank change, they are all patterns.

1 Like