Using US Analog Heat power supply in the UK?

Hi all,

I just bought an Analog Heat off eBay and it’s arrived from the states. My question is regarding the power supply - as the unit’s from the states do I need to use a step up transformer prior to the Analog Heat’s power supply? Is it set to 110 volts as it was in the US? I can’t really tell from looking at the machine to the power supply and don;t want to just try it in case I damage the machine.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

I thought only the power cords change regionally with elektron machines? The power supplies are the same, are they not?

1 Like

Hi Tsutek,

Thanks for your reply! I’m not sure the power supply is in two parts, there’s a box and a cable / power lead, it’s a US lead - I’m not sure if that means the power supply wants to see 100 volts or if I can connect it to the 240 volts that the UK uses - ??

Read the fine print on the brick to be certain, but I’m 99% sure they use a switching psu so it’ll be fine to use worldwide.

1 Like

Thanks Anfim,

The print is really small on the box, I think it is saying what you suggest so I guess it’s going to be ok. The power lead it came with is a US one, with two straight pins instead of the 3 the uk plugs have. I can try to buy a uk one but I’m think this one will be ok for now with an adaptor… hope I’m right about that. I actually paid more for this Analog Heat second hand on eBay than they cost new so I’m wary of making any other stupid mistakes!

Thanks again for your help

No prob. Found an image of it where you can see it says 100-240 volt input, so you’ll be fine, just find the right adapter to get it into the wall. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1297470-REG/elektron_psu_3b_replacement_power_supply_for.html

1 Like

Oh that’s really cool of you, thanks very much for your help Anfim - I appreciate it!!

1 Like

Trying it now… no explosions, looks good!
Thanks for your help tsutek and Anfim!

4 Likes

I still recommend getting a UK style cable for the PSU. Adapters are cluncky and all that :diddly: It’s a very common cable, used in many old radios etc, bet they don’t cost much even as new.

1 Like

Another idea is simply cut the US plug off and buy a UK one in a hardware/electric supply store. It’s very easy to do and looks Pro.

1 Like

This’ll do the job:

https://www.kenable.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=155

1 Like