Using the Monomachine Inputs

So I’m starting to experiment using the digitakt through the monomachine inputs, very cool stuff. Im noticing a few things are not working as I expected and I assume it is user error (usually the case).

1. Using the arpeggiators on incoming sound: I have an fx thru machine set up Inp AB Output AB. The eq’s work great. Filter works. Arpeggiator only triggers when a filter envelope is created below a certain frequency? I cannot get the arpeggiator to trigger otherwise.

2. Using pitch lfo with Incoming Audio: Is this possible? I cannot get it to work.

I have decay and release on the thru machine set to full. What am I doing wrong?

PS - The eq on the mono works great with the digitakt! I really wish it had individual outs but for now I just mute the other tracks sculpt the sound with the mono eq and record in ableton. Really big sounds can be achieved here.

hm.

1.) I think the arp only triggers MM’s internal track maschines. The thru-maschine is only a activated by a trig on that track, no matter which pitch.

2.) the LFO’s are available on the incoming tracks, but mainly for FX use. Pitch driven by LFO is also a track maschine dependend issue

1 Like

Ahh okay that makes sense. Yeah I figured pitch would be a tough one but I thought you could run outside audio through the arpeggiator.

Hmm I def am getting some arp action when I create a a filter envelope though? Strange. Thats why I love the monomachine it usually takes me a few weeks to figure out what the hell is going on and happy accidents generally occur.

I guess you hear the filter (resp. its envelope) in action, It is triggerd from the (fx) track trig. This could easily affect a jump in pitch, somehow simulating an arp.

1 Like

The arp/pitch LFO would work well with the ring mod machine, probably not with any other FX.

You can play the filter.
For most effects to pitch trig try turning up the dist and eq.
Delay can be played on every track, kinda.

Also don’t forget that you can us the delay as a drone sampler.

Let the delay drone on and on - it will evolve into something amazing after a while.
Then sample it and pitch/play it in the digitak

4 Likes