Using separate audio paths on the Heat

Question from a non-owner (for the moment):
I presume the stereo channels on the Heat are signal independent (meaning isolated from each other). So for instance you could run one mono audio signal, let’s say the bass through the left channel, and a melody (or whatever) through the right, and they wouldn’t interfere with each other. So other than the restriction that you have to run the same filter and the same distortions, and modulations etc, on both signals, the two channels should be independent, and you could mix and place them after processing by the Heat.

Is this correct?

Also it would seem to me you could run one signal through the Heat twice. So for instance sending an audio signal into the left, then looping the output of the left into the input of the right and using the output of the right. Or with a cross fader you could mix between the output of the left and right (once through or twice through), that along with and in addition to the wet/dry control on the Heat. You could also do things like delay the signal between the two and cross fade mix that.

Has anyone tried either of these schemes? Either seems like it might be horribly interesting, or maybe just horrible.

The first example is kinda’ like two Elektron Drives in parallel, the second, two in series.

I have one, and I’d love to test it for you, but I’m completely swamped with work right now. In principle, and from what it sounds like in use so far, what you’ve written seems to be correct, unless they’ve somehow factored in some kind of intentional crossbleed for some of the circuits. I doubt they have. The in-sequence concept is great, I look forward to trying it out soon. Sorry I can’t answer your question specifically right now. I can tell you this: I balked at first because of the price, but for my purposes it’s more than worth it.

I’ve been thinking of this also, the best option is to run your signals via a mixer and the send it to the heat and then back to the mixer with some feedback either in mono or stereo.

Bumping the thread because I would also be interested in knowing this. Anyone got a chance to try it out?

1 Like

As far as running one output into the next to double down on distortion, your only limitation would be the filter. The Heats filter runs after distortion circuit.

1 Like

Yeah, it can be 2 x mono. Why not?
Frequency Pan changes filters frequencies only. I don’t know other pan parameters.

I also tried my AH in a serial way.
Signal > In L > Out L > In R > Out R

Hard to control! :smile:

Yep. A switch to have it before would have been great! You need another one. I plan to buy an OTO Boum…

The Boum is stereo too so i guess same applies. (?)

Was just watching video with the Boum – Matthew Hodson on Sonic Talk 560 was just talking about the one he just bought.

Hodson%20with%20OTO%20Boum

1 Like

Great, thankx! Will try it out during weekend! : )

1 Like

Different beast. I want both + a second Analog Drive + 2 Mooer Radar for amp / cab sim and I’ll be able to sleep peacefully.

Latest video from OTO :

2 Likes