Using Overbridge as a Send/Return FX Loop?

As my setup gets more and more complex, I couldn’t resist and stepped deeper into an Overbridge setup, routing the single outs of my A4 and Rytm to the DAW.

As I like the modulation possibilities of the effect sections quite a lot, I was wondering, if it is possible, to route the audio signal via Overbridge through A4 or Rytm in terms of a FX send/return loop.

Is it possible to send the Audio to ext. in and return the wet signal via the main outs?

Same question here…I only can get the distortion and compressor to work on the FX

Have you seen this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIipfVrCi-E

It might carry your answer

Yep, video is known, but didn’t answer the question.

sorry…as soon as I get time to make a try I’ll let you know if I achieve something.

Unfortunately I do not use OB that much and I believed this task would have been something easy to accomplish…

I haven’t got an answer in another thread. I tried it with audio going from Rytm to Keys once. The problem is that the latency isn’t constant with the plugins, it changes for reasons I do not know. For me it’s too much of a hassle with delay compensation. Maybe chaining Overbridge devices will improve with with Heat.

Reading back to your first message I see you mention WET signal…(obviously what you would expect from an fx loop…)

I believe this is still not possible (might it be one day hopefully) since the EXT IN is present at output with no control on Dry/Wet

1 Like

Looks like this is already implemented in Overbridge. At 5:02min the guy talks about the option to rout external audio through filters and fx (german language).

I’ll check that…

Of course this can be done…but not as a traditional FX loop.
You have to use one Track and you get back also the dry signal…

I second @sicijk comment. Sending audio to EXT IN always outputs the original dry signal on the master outs + any amount of FX applied to it. Therefore this method cannot really be used for return-style FX processing. I guess one could send audio to one of the tracks (A4 user here - guess that applies to the AR as well) as oscillator source and disable the master out for that track to get only the wet signal from the send FX out to main. However obviously you loose a track, the track must be triggered and envelopes need to stay open etc. - so I see that as something you may want to do occasionally (results can be great BTW - esp playing with filters and p-locks) rather than a default “FX box” config. It would indeed be very nice if EXT IN supported some kind od dry/wet adjustment for return-like FX processing (or even just a way to disable entirely the output to main of the incoming signal). I did some tests a while back reported in this post

2 Likes