Using Live Recording as a Tool for Crafting New Sounds

I don’t know if this has been discussed before, but whenever I’m coming up with new patterns, I copy a basic one across (to preserve the current state) to another and then start afresh on a new one. Engage live recording on this new one, and (without planning) make changes as I normally would - a particular track is too loud, or quiet, or there’s not enough treble or bass, or whatever you normally do when creating a pattern. However, as your changes are recorded at the time of making a parameter change and saved to a specific trig, you can find some interesting changes throughout. And if you love the tone of a single step? Look into it by holding that trig and checking each page to see what is locked and what is not. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Great tip!!!

1 Like

I could play back the sequence at a super slow rate so I can get a good preview of each individual trig! I love the idea. I’m always looking for unique ways to sculpt sounds and this is perfect!

1 Like

Ah yes, great idea. To be honest I found this ‘trick’ by accidentally having Live Recording going while I was making changes and wondering why my sequence was packed with trigless trigs and parameter locks. Slowing the sequencer down would make it a bit easier to do it in a more deliberate fashion. I’m going to try it tonight :blush:

1 Like