Using Digitakt + Analog Heat on Ableton Live

EDIT: I got it to work - I restarted both Ableton and the plugin, and now it works as expected…
I noticed something was wrong because I would move stuff on the hardware and the soft wouldn’t react and viceversa

Hi everyone! I’m trying to create this template session for recording, using some gear as well as DT and AH.
DT is already set up - plugin works ok, separate tracks on Ableton, etc.
03%20AM
I was trying to figure out where to put the AH in the equation… one option is to route one or more tracks into it for processing, but for some reason is not working for me.
The plugin loads just fine, but if I route a track to the OB plugin instead of the Master out, AH still gets no input signal.
Any clues on what I might be doing wrong? also any tips / routing ideas regarding how to use the AH are more than welcome!

1 Like

FWIW I’ve been trying to figure this out too.

If I use Heat as a pre-amp and just record a synth through it into Ableton, no prob (sounds great).

But channel processing a track in Ableton is a different story. I can route Track A into Track B, put Heat VST or AU on Track B, and set Track B to record in to resample from A and process, but it sounds way different and less good than line routing an instrument through Heat. Maybe Heat’s just not designed/meant for this type of workflow. as a pre it’s :fire: