Using Akai MPX16 to control DT?

A long time ago, when I was stupider than I am now I made the huge mistake of purchasing an Akai MPX16, the only redeemable feature of that horrible piece of equipment are it’s really quite decent pads, I was hoping that some of the lovely people who also own a Digitakt (what a remarkable machine it is!) might be able to tell me how I can make the MPX16’s pads control similar on my Digitakt…any advice would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

You would need to have a look at midi mapping.
E.g you pad 1 configured to send a midi signal over midi channel 1 and your DT track 1 configured to receive on midi channel 1…

Not an idiotic question!
When I use an MPD26 with my DT, in order to trigger the 8 tracks I need to push the lowermost notes on the MPD (I think these are called Note #0 and so forth). So make sure you assign the lowest 8 notes to the pads on your MPX, and I think you should be good to go. My hunch is that this can be adjusted through pressing “pad edit”.
In my case this was enough last time I tried, and I didn’t need to hassle with all the different channels (I think…).

Dioch yn fawr!..I shall look into these later on when I have a moment… :slight_smile: