Using a TM-1 as a midi interface?

My main draw for getting the DT is to control my VSTs with the power of Elektron. But I’ve got a MDUW, and I’m thinking- maybe i could just rig that up to my desktop space and work with that(maybe use my Zoom H6 as an adapter to record in- it’s not OB, but only two voices less).

Does anybody have any experience with this? How well does the MDUW work with midi controlling VSTs? Is the DT more convenient with trying to program them in?

Thanks!

the Monomachine is better for this job, but the MD works also great for VST sequencing and parameter controlling. since you own a MD, why you did not tried it yet?

My audio interface is tricky for Midi and I don’t have a different interface for Midi atm

It’s tricky to rock midi
from this interface to my MD
It’s Tricky, it’s Tricky (tricky) Tricky (tricky) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Alright! I got my MDUW VST MIDI game up and running(Using my iConnectAudio 2+ that I, for the longest time, thought was defective)

Woo-hoo! This will do-hoo!

And that saves me the trouble of having to debate wether to purchase a TM-1! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Also, I now don’t feel quite as immediate need for a DT, nor do I have to compete with selling my MDUW(which I love)

No I just need to set up my iPad to record via the iConnect- and hopefully will be able to extend my iConnect Audio 2+ with my H6 and hopefully combine their inputs for 6-8 inputs.

Thank you!

i have a ESI Maya 44 with the optional MIDI interface in my PC. a classical PCI sound card with ASIO support. i have no issues with SySex and Sync. i do not trust USB interfaces. dunno why!

1 Like