Using 6x mono outputs with FX

Hello everyone! :slight_smile:
I have question about using 6x mono mode on Monomachine.
This mode is one of the most important features for me. So when I use it I can’t hear 6th track at all, on any kit.
I’ve found on manual that the unit is 5 voice synth so that sound right. But why it states that there is 6 track synthesis?
If there is 6 tracks of synthesis why on six track there is no sound? (even when I switch to AB mode)
I got MM as used, is it possibile that machine is broken?
If this is normal can I use 6th track as FX track for any other tracks?

Do you use an external keyboard ?
What’s on your MIDI channels config page ?

Ok! problem solved :slight_smile:
There was no way to not try factory reset :wink:
After all everything back to normal.

1 Like

Since you fixed it after a factory reset, I’ll at least address your last question. Yes, you can use the 6th track as a global FX track for the other 5 tracks. I’ll do this sometimes as a pseudo-Control All track with a reverb or thru machine on track 6. Keep in mind that you need to set at least one trigger on the track for it to sound. Check out the manual for more information on neighbor and FX tracks.

1 Like

Thanks for answer :slight_smile:
I was trying to apply effects by using FX track, but in 6x mono mode it looks like the track goes to its own output and thru FX track goes to another one. So signal is multiplied.

Is there any way to add FX on track without loosing output in 6 x mono mode? :slight_smile:

I think not but if someone can find a way to do it i d like to know!!

Evidently yes. I’ve never tried it, but look at the manual p. 86.

1 Like

You can use FX in 6mono mode but have to use an effects machine on one of the tracks.

p locking fx parameters can produce great weird fx that is difficult to achieve on most gear (except other elektron gear)
i really like the global parameter trick too (i.e. affect all bitrate on all machines and reload the noises to return to normal).

Do you mind explaining your global parameter trick please.