Using 2 mono tracks to create a stereo signal

this is exactly my point all along … but i didnt want to be so obvious about saying it. My bad i guess :confused:

edit - hence “witch hunt”

indeed you where confused about the difference in mastering and master buss processing and attempted to put it down to voodoo if i recall… but this isn’t one for here, eh pal.

I don’t know man. Based on our track records, I wouldn’t be so quick to point an accusatory finger when it comes to communication lol.

This … so my mistake is how i think of it as info ? ill bare this in mind. Thank you .

i hardly think this is the confusion at all tbh… The confusion was you thought i was struggling to comprehend stereo “recording” and went into great detail of why i was wrong, but it wasnt at all what i was saying and trying to split hairs to make out the word "information"caused that is equally daft. :slight_smile:

point fingers ? i was trying to help you… Both times (that and this) But cheers for trying to put the boot in, whilst further derailing the thread (seems every other comment of yours gets moved)

indeed, tho aside from referencing RYTM, this is what i was saying ? it will be summed to mono one way or another… No stereo representation across 2 tracks other than 2 mono copies, as a drum sampler probably should be.

Again, i never mentioned how DT handles recording.

( : unless i have gone nuts and have no clue at all what i said… its all in the thread i guess, including who misinterpreted who, and who merely wanted to poke the nest : )

Ob La Di, Ob La Da life goes on,
La, la how the life goes on

Open Mike says to Playrecords in the Digitakt thread,
This thing should play stereo if ya pan…
PlayRecs say to Open it won’t sound quite right,
and thats when all this madness began…

Ob La Di, Ob L Da Life goes on
La, La how the life goes on

1 Like

I think you need to read from the first reply to prints in the other thread… before you decide where the confusion came from, if you really feel it necessary.

My point was simply that the sample is summed… and it is.
I never referenced anyone els before I said it. So no confusion from me here.

I said 2 mono sums of the same stereo sample panned will not retain the required detail (or information) : )

No mate. It doesn’t in a recording situation. But I never mentioned it did.

An imported sample is what I referred too, but your ignoring me : )

@PlayRecords this is were you were wrong in my very humble opinion.
If you take a stereo source with e.g. chorus, just take left and right separately as two hard panned tracks, then you loose nothing.

Now maybe everyone has said what needed to be said on the subject, which is turning to sterile…
Shall I close it ?

Please play nice here, everyone.

At this point I’m just sayin life goes on bro, and wanted to make it rhyme…, and lighten the mood with a little humor…
Please don’t take offense at my Beatles spoof, that was not its intention, in fact, I have never intended to be in anyway insulting to you.
If it seems that way I apologize, that is not my intention…

Ob La Di, Ob La Da

Mate this isn’t true at all. The only person to mention it, since I started responding as far as I’m aware earlier is avantronica. And he confirmed what I was saying in the very beginning. Your just pushing for nothing now.

For the record, I haven’t once disputed what your saying, I haven’t said its not possible in other ways as I have no information on this.

Everyone has repeatedly told me how it can be imported in various ways ?! No idea what your talking about.

Just a simple sample being imported is converted to mono. That’s it.

I kinda think this whole thread should be nuked, but whatever…

1 Like

:bleeding_eyes:

1 Like

and that is appreciated.

There is clear frustration throughout this thread and some (very, very slight) jabs are popping up because of it.

So just a reminder to be courteous while seeking clarification. It is aimed at no one specific.

1 Like

Both sides would be mono tho ha. It wouldn’t preserve the field… it would be centre? That’s the only point I tried to make. Rather innocently tbh.

Of course you can pan it fir stereo. I said this all along… anything off centre woukd be moved venture, stereo or not. Isn’t that correct.

OK, let’s say we all agree :smile:

I had no clue this subject could be so intense !!
People ! Go back to your machines at once !!!

2 Likes