Usb to midi adapter?

I want to be able to send note data from my OP-1 to my OT. I can’t seem to find anything online. Anybody got any pointers?

Google “Kenton MIDI USB Host”.

1 Like

Yeah the Kenton is probably best/tidiest solution.

If you already have an ipad, USB dock and CCK you could use something cheaper like M-audio Uno and route the midi through an App like Beatmaker 2.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

a little cheaper and smaller…?

just came across it

1 Like

cheaper still, use a headless raspberry pi
edit (if you already have a usb to midi device laying around)

I use an iConnectivity mio4 for this. About $150, but does a lot more for me as well.

cheaper than raspberry, ARDUINO and some code on the net.

Would the elektron TM-1 work?

TM1 does not work has USB host.

Beware with the tiny USB hosts : sometimes it only acts as USB => MIDI and not MIDI => USB (it’s the case for @Multiman’s CerebelUSB or Serdashop’s one for instance)…

1 Like

What also might be worth mentioning about the Kenton USB-Host is that it is not able to mirror the “real midi in” to the “real midi out”. In case you want to daisy chain devices, this might not work as expected. In my case i wanted to feed my octatrack with midiclock, a faderfox pc4 and midi notes from a Arturia MiniLab, like:
MidiClock -> PC4 -> Kenton USB-Host / Arturia MiniLab -> Octatrack
That did not work, because the USB-Host would swallow data at midi in (and pass it to the USB-Ports, which is not where I need them).
Fortunatly you can use a simple USB-Hub with the Kenton USB-Host. So my solution is now:

• clock goes to the PC4 via standard midi.
  • both PC4 and Arturia MiniLab are connected to the USB-Host via USB
    -> Everything is now arriving at my OT. Working Great. And until now the clock seems stable, even when turning knobs and playing notes.
    The only drawback is that I have to start up the USB-Host serveral times until it recognizes both the PC4 and the Arturia MiniLab. But once connection is established it is stable (testet it for like 8 hours).
1 Like

Can’t recommend iConnectivity gear enough.
It’s really the central hub for all my machines to synchronize… Pretty straightforward, but you can dig into more advanced routing as well.

1 Like

Yes. It really is impressive. I quickly realized I should have gotten the 10, but even with the 4 and a USB hub, I can get more than one USB host, which is pretty rad.

1 Like