USB to Digitakt failed?

I connected my Digitakt to Windows 10 with its supplied USB cable a few days back and updated to v1.10 with no problems. I have the Digitakt Transfer installed fine.

Now had to move a few things around and the DT is further away with a (working) much longer USB cable.

I now get ‘The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it’ when the DT is switched on.

Is this just down to a longer USB cable? or can I overcome this error?

Just checking now and it seems there are a few videos on this error, with other USB things, but not had time to check, so just wanted to ask if this was a Digitakt thing, or whether I can get around this, before shuffling everything around again?

Thanks!

did you ever find a fix for that? i‘m in a similar situation and get no response from elektron :frowning:

Can you give your MIDI settings on digItakt,please
Which daw are you using?
Etc

1 Like

i’m on windows 10, used two different computers (the ladder with an old overbridge version).
windows is not recognizing the digitakt, means that the device manager is just spitting out: ‘unknown usb device: error while requesting device name’ (roughly translated from german).

on one machine, i tried installing the digitakt driver manually via the device manager (after installing overbridge that is available) which resulted in a bit of a mess. did not solve the problem, but created new ones: i couldnt uninstall the usb driver without using the safe mode (not using the safe mode and uninstalling the driver resulted in a ‘the driver is uninstalling, please wait’-loop).
after uninstalling, the device manager yielded ‘unknown usb device’-error again.

so, everything was working fine before using 1.20a. that said, i updated shortly after it came out, but did not use overbridge/multitracking (again) till the day before yesterday. my computer just isn’t recognizing the digitakt anymore. before checking, i installed the latest overbridge version and wondered why it’s not connecting in overbridge. to sum this up a little, here some things i tried:

• used different usb port
  • used different cable
  • used different computer (same os though)
  • tried cables and ports with A4 MK2 which worked well
  • uninstalled overbridge, connected digitakt
  • installed overbridge, connected digitakt
  • downgraded to 1.20 (via c6/midi as the usb part is not working)
  • upgraded to 1.20a
  • tried everything above with the different modes in the digitakts settings (overbridge/usb-midi/usb-audio-midi)

well i think thats about it.
the only thing i did not try was factory resetting the machine as i’m a bit scared of the project backup process. would love to get some other things to try out. i’ve an old macbook pro (2009) which strangly runs catalina from half-a-year ago, i could try that out. but its quite deep buried somewhere and i think it wont change a thing.

would love if you have a solution for this :slight_smile:

edit: havent un- and reinstalled (latest) transfer software, maybe thats something to try out.

Sorry man
Cant help you out

I would contact Elektron support