Usb midi- OK, but USB overbridge - NOT

Hi.

Analog 4 has been fine, no issues with overbridge.

Today I noticed that it wasn’t recieving transport via ableton.

Checked my PC usb devices and analog 4 has a yellow triangle and tells me there’s no driver for the analog 4.

I’ve been through the fixes mentioned here and elsewhere- deleting the driver, reinstall on, reinstalled the analog 4 os, empty reset, changed USB ports etc.

If I put the analog 4 into usb/midi from the global menu, there’s no issues, however I can’t use overbridge.

Really confused here, as there’s been no issues with ob, a4, or the PC until today.

I’ve rolled back the most recent Windows update, and the machine is only ever online to do updates (done via a wireless USB dongle)

I’m guessing it’s a Windows 10 issues more than an elektron issue.

All help greatfully received.

So in case anyone else has this issue:

I recently slightly changed my ableton template. I have groups for my synths, drum machines etc and the analog 4 is no different.

In the group for the analog 4 I changed overbridge to have total recall on all the time.

When I changed this back, all the issues disappeared, so I’m wondering if this should actually be in the overbridge bugs section- @avantronica @PeterHanes et al, should this be merged to that thread?

I think if you want a valid issue noted you want to be sure it’s seen by support and there’s no guarantee it’ll be any more visible in the messy OB section (if you pick a thread to post in we can move or you can copy/delete) - imho anything important (maybe after verifying with the community) that shouldn’t be missed is best sent direct … my hunch is that there’s a release around the corner, it may be a significant change, so maybe hold off until we see if it’s a new game altogether

1 Like