Usb cable?

hey guys
just got a model samples…ive had other Elektron machines and they all came with a usb lead…I got my unit used and had no lead. I can’t get the model samples to communicate with transfer using usb leads ive got lying around…am I missing something? its on new firmware and latest transfer but samples doesn’t show up ???

I would Return it for one with a USB cord

afaik they are standard usb cables, so a non elektron one should be fine

Make sure the usb micro cables you use are USB 2.0 data cables.

I tried a couple others and they were just charging cables that did not work.

And yea, contact the dealer, seller about getting the official cable if you paid for it and were expecting it.

I’m very confused about the usb cable situation. I bought mine in store this week, it looked like the box was sealed up by Elektron (I remember a sticker on the outside of the box) but I noticed the Model:Samples was not sitting inside the styrofoam padding designed for it. Which is odd because usually the devices stay neatly packed in that sort of thing.

The USB cable seems to be Elektron because it matches the midi adapters in the box, except that it’s USB B - the classic type that you would see on a printer. The device is a mini-usb. I wonder how that happened? The reason I mentioned the part above is I’m wondering if this mix up happened at the store?

Most likely. Sounds like it might be an ex-demo unit. Return it imo!

thanks, i called the store and they confirmed i had a demo unit. i’m typically ok with that if you tell me it’s a demo unit, but they didn’t, so I went ahead and exchanged it for a new one. especially since it’s my first elektron kit, i’d prefer to know that i have one functioning to spec :slight_smile:

4 Likes

How do you tell the difference between a data instead of just a charging cord? I lost the one that came w it and I was just gonna go to the gas station nearby to grab one but they barely know the difference between b and c

Make sure the package has it listed as USB 2.0 480mbps

Charging only: White lip (kinda) inside the jack

Data & Charging: Black lip inside