USB Audio between Analog4 and Digitakt

I would like to send audio from Digitakt to Analog4 via USB.
I’ve set USB config to USB Audio/Midi on Digitakt and routed the USB in on the Analog4 to Main Out. I’ve tried a USB hub and also connecting both to my Mac and setting Digitakt as input and Analog4 as output from the Mac.
Are there any other tips to get this to work please?
For example how to send just the Main to the Analog4, ie not all 8 audio tracks?
Many thanks

The only way that I know is with Overbridge via the A4 Sidechain Input Routing.

From the Overbridge manual (p.25-26) :

6.9 INPUT ROUTING

In addition to the outputs, the Analog Rytm and Analog Keys/Four plugins also have four stereo (L/R) inputs. Use the input routing functionality if you want to route audio (from, for example, a regular software plugin or an external instrument jacked into your DAW) through a voice on your Overbridge device, for example, to treat the audio to some analog processing. This functionality is sometimes called Sidechain input routing.

Click INPUT ROUTING at the top of the plugin window to open the INPUT ROUTING menu.
Click one of the eight boxes, then select which destination you wish to route audio through. You can even route your audio to two separate destinations at the same time.
Any audio track on your Analog Rytm or Analog Keys/Four instrument may be set as a destination: Main L, Main R, Main FX L, Main FX R or Track 1–12 on the Analog Rytm. Main L, Main R or Track 1–4 on the Analog Keys/Four.

1. THE PLUGINS

If you choose Main L/R as a destination for your routing, the audio is routed directly to the
outputs of Elektron device without any processing.

Also, if you route audio through an individual synth or drum track, remember that the amp must be triggered (by a trig placed in the sequencer or with an external controller) for any audio to pass through.

Hi, Thanks for the reply, I’ll give that a go.
I was trying to avoid having a computer involved and thought that if Digitakt can send class compliant audio and the Analog4 can receive then it should be possible.

None of these devices are USB hosts, so you can’t connect them directly via USB without an additional USB host involved.

3 Likes

Thanks for that explanation - I’ll look into USB hosts.
Cheers