Syntakt update to 1.21 hangs on reboot [resolved]

I would reboot and cross my fingers…

2 Likes

i vote reboot. it wouldnt say success if teh OS uograde part would not be finished. Probably just stuck on reboot part

3 Likes

Always does this on the DT and just switch off and on works fine.

4 Likes

I’ve sent a support ticket. but if I wait for them to reply there’ll be burn in on the screen!!!

Then it’ll be months waiting for them to replace the screen under warranty.

#$%@!!!

Hi, yes, had it on DT’s 1.5, switched off and on, seems to work fine ever since but indeed it was a bit WTF to be honest - I’ve never had it before 1.5. Next week will update DT and DN to the most recent 1.41 etc versions (or whatever is there) and will edit this post. Have a nice weekend and good luck!

1 Like

well its been 30 mins, any longer and I risk screen burn in.

YOLO

turned off and on.

seems to be fine. thanks for the replies everyone.

Support should seriously have a live chat option.

6 Likes
1 Like

Why would the screen burn in agree 30 minutes? I sometimes sit for hours noodling on a song and surely there are some UI pixels that are more or less constantly on during that time, like the border of the current pattern label in the top right corner. Your screen is totally fine.

6 Likes

you must be new around here

we didnt have screen saver for a while of the flagship mk2’s and a lot of screens needed replacing. its still not great. tbh

A company that small can’t afford chat support, it’s very expensive to run. That’s why they have a really excellent forum instead, and honestly it’s usually more useful (I say that as senior tech support :joy:)

Yeah, I’ve only owned the Syntakt extensively for multi-hour sessions regularly for the past 14 months. :man_shrugging:t3:

New hire. 24 hour tech support.

2 Likes

if youre still measuring it in months… youre new.

I’ve had all sorts of devices hang at the end of firmware updates. It would be nice if the instructions said to manually power it off and on again after, say, five or ten minutes but of course if they do that some dingbat will power it off and on after five or ten seconds and brick their device.

1 Like

I really don’t understand your point. OP is stressing out about pixels being lit for 30 minutes and I’m pointing out that I’ve had a device for over a year with multi-hour sessions where some pixels have been lit for hours consecutively with no issues. Rather than resorting to master suppression techniques, maybe you could explain your point clearly instead.

its early afternoon in europe.

1 Like

Elektronauts is the official live chat option.

4 Likes

1 Like