Upgrade my mac to OS X sierra?-will i have issues with elektron gear and over bridge

hi any advice on upgrading my mac to OS X sierra,has anyone had any issues with there elektron gear and over bridge ,also ableton…i am presently running yosematie…

I use Rytm, Keys and Heat with Overbridge under Sierra. More stable now than on Yosemite.

…and also Live. No problems!

2 Likes

I have not encountered any isssue on Sierra using Live 9.7.1 and the 2 analog boxes.

1 Like

I had probs with Maverics, overbridge 1.15 and analog heat. Updated to Sierra way earlier than I would have liked to in the hope of improved ob functionality. Helped for me!

2 Likes

thanks guys i took the plunge and updated to sierra will attempt over bridge with .AR…A.4 tomorrow …cheers

1 Like

just remember to uninstall/reinstall overbridge after the update.

I didn’t find information about that, just found complains about how overbridge doesn’t work, but nothing specific about mac OS X sierra. thanks

Works fine for me OS10.12, Ableton 9, Logic X.whatever.is.latest, Cubase 9; have yet to try with Final Cut, Melodyne, or GarageBand.

I had issues on 10.9; updating to 10.12 fixed those problems.

2011 MacBook Pro, using AH and AR as plugins and/or soundcard.

Yes it works, On Sierra and also High Sierra.

If you ran into any issues, reinstalling Overbridge should help. It’s recommended by Elektron to do it after any OS upgrade.

I’ve heard that it works well with this OS… but it did not with Mavericks, which I use for other DJ applications to work well for gigs.

Check the tips shared elsewhere in this forum. After the update you may have to watch the Privacy Settings during a reboot to possibly unblock drivers. My experience is positive with High Sierra.