[Update] Troubleshooting: New unit, Messed Up Audio, Then No audio

Update: Got a good response from support, confirmed defective unit but they were the prime example of prompt and helpful. Returned to the shop, they did a clean swap and I’m on my way. Thanks all!

After some waiting and a lot of excitement, I picked up my new Digitone today (whoo!). Box was undamaged, Elektron foil sticker in it place, nothing looked remiss. I booted up c6, downloaded OS update 1.21, turned on the Digitone, and updated. I started playing some keys on the first preset pattern, liked the sounds, continued for a few more seconds and then everything started coming through as a high-pitched bell sound. In fact, any preset I switched to sounded like this.

Okay, no worries, maybe something occurred in the update? So I did a factory reset, but same issue.
In test mode, I don’t get any readout/feedback when manipulating the master volume knob.

I’m honestly pretty devastated after looking forward to getting this in my hands. Does anyone have any ideas on how to troubleshoot further? I’ve been looking forward to using this for a long, long time now and I’m running out of ideas.

Below is a video of the issue I’m having.

It’s DOA. Exchange it.
Or, you can troubleshoot it by checking the early startup menu, noting the errors if any, contact support, and wait.
I see you already checked, but try it again. My Digitakt would then wouldn’t show errors.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll reach out to the shop tomorrow and see if they can do a clean exchange.