Update including more filter types?

but when ???

I’m waiting so long next update with new features as more filters or song mode :face_with_raised_eyebrow::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I think some changes might be “pending” during the transition between overbridge 1 and 2; remember that there’s “official” and “beta” firmwares to maintain at the moment. Probably when the beta firmwares go into the current “official” line it frees the way for device specific feature updates

I made a feature request for this, my idea is:
an option in SETTINGS where you could switch between STUDIO / LIVE mode (or something along those lines), where STUDIO mode would have the current options in the DIRECT (sampling) screen. If set to LIVE mode, sampling would be disabled and instead you would have input gain control, stereo monitoring option and, if possible, FX routing.
Seemed like the most CPU friendly approach to me.

6 Likes

Haha, what is happening? We‘re thankfully getting semi-official statements about a new filter on the Digitakt and people are seizing the opportunity to request more things :tongue:

2 Likes

I will be very happy just to get a width filter. even if it’s not resonant, even if it’s implemented as an alternative to the HP/LP.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

“the prophecy is true”
eqq
TILT_EQ.jpg

You could also use several fixed/precalculated values in a LUT. 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 150 -> for high pass and equally for low pass. No extra cost over static.

2 Likes

One way would could be using fnc to access second filter that would work får adding a second lfo also

im pretty sure a second filter or LFO is out of the question

Second filter isn’t entirely out of the picture. See comments above :wink:

3 Likes

A second filter would make the DT soooo much better (I know I’ve said it before), I’ve reverted back to the OP-1 for that very reason.
We sample from such different audio sources these days that it’s really important to be able to sculpt tone as much as poss. Also having 8 tracks to play with, you have to be able to have such editing options.
I mean the world isn’t going to stop if we don’t but the OP-1 has it, my old MPC1k has it, I’d love for the DT to have it as well!

5 Likes

Base/Width, 2 band EQ, something along those lines.

2 Likes

A second filter and LFO + scale per track would really be incredibly fantastico!

4 Likes

Has there been any headway in adding a second filter, even if fixed (to several value choices)? It would make such a huge difference.

How would we know until (or more importantly if) Elektron announces it?

2 Likes

Fair enough, however sometimes there are developmental hints or nods as above. I was initially looking to pose a feature request but found this thread first. Judging by the last post date, it seems like it’s been a bit since Ess’ last comments. Also, because Ess mentioned tight cpu limitations, part of my inquiry is related to whether any of the aforementioned stress testing happened. Because members of Elektron occasionally post on the forum, perhaps they have the ability to affirm or reject posited cpu limitations in relation to the plausibility of a second filter.

Sure, I’ve heard a few people at Elektron mention they will look into something or that might be a nice idea, but it always ends with ‘but no promises’. Best thing to do is submit a feature request via feature-request@elektron.se. Sometimes, they respond with something a little more concrete than we’ll look into it, but again it’s very much a ‘no promises’ situation. And rightly so, otherwise they open the floodgates to everyone and their gran expecting instantaneous results for their requests. If that makes sense?

2 Likes

Yup, I get it.

1 Like

God it’s what kills me about the Digitakt… I get it’s a drum machine, but it can be so much more… What a buzz kill to have to constantly resample with HPF or LPF just so you can cut frequencies :man_facepalming:

6 Likes