Unwanted Modulation on Audio In

Hey! Im using analog four’s audio inputs to process 2 external mono synths.
When im playing these monosynths, i keep getting modulation on the signals and i
can’t see that any modulation actually should be added, when i look at the settings.
When i change the tempo on the Analog 4, then the modulation is following the
tempo of the analog 4, so i am 100% sure that the modulation somehow is
happening on the analog 4.

Any ideas of how i can get i clean signal through the analog 4?

You need to explain whether you’re processing the sounds by injecting each external synth into a separate track voice pre filter or whether you’re using the external ins to apply cho/del/rev

there are lots of ways to have modulations creep in (what nature?), including performance macros that may not need obvious from settings

also A4 may look like an encoder dial is sat at zero (due to 14bit range on some params) - the best way to zero a dial is Fn+Twist to lock it to zero

1 Like

I have opened a clean project so i dont really understand why it is modulating?
I only want to use the A4 as an effect processer and input to the Aggregate i have created together with my UAD interface.

then to be sure it’s related to the A4 disconnect everything from it, including midi/usb and monitor via headphones - if it’s modulating on a clean project (and we still don’t know what’s being modulated or what you’re describing) then check the source device isn’t being effected elsewhere etc - simplify it to get to the route cause

for external ins, then when the sends are off it should not be an issue, but you may have put parameter locks on the FX track - so wipe the track too - there will be no sound on a clean project, so you have to have done something to get sound out, make sure it is only raising the two levels and setting pan (if desired)

I can’t figure that out what is modulating, but it sounds like the amplitude is being modulated by some kind of sequence which is synced to the tempo of the analog 4, which doesn’t make sense because i have checked everywhere On the machine (which i have owned for 3 years) and nothing unusual, everything is just set to the clean project.
But still it is modulating my input sources?

try a mute on the FX track and be sure its LFOs are zeroed and performance macros are zeroed

1 Like

The modulation is synced to the lfo but no depth is added, i can’t really understand why?

When I had rogue mods it ended up being this.

2 Likes

Did you read my first post. Wrt non zero depth values that may appear off. If you are in any doubt about what I am conveying, try deselecting modulation destinations in LFOs and then reselect and go back to properly zeroing depths as I suggest using FN+twist.

On the A4 you can hold the OSC1, OSC2, FILTER, AMP, ENV, ENV2 and LFO buttons and see numerical values instead of the knob graphics. Makes it easier to see whats going on.

But IIRC, some people had this weird behaviour with lfo’s not being zeroed when a new project was loaded.
The knobs were at zero but there was still a little depth active. You had to increase lfo depth a little and turn it back down to actually zero it.

I’ve had it on my AK a few times.

Or you could turn off lfo modulation completely by selecting the upper most lfo destionation “Meta” on all lfos.

As @avantronica suggested, even a value displayed as 0 may not be real null as long as you haven’t set it to zero with Fn+knob manipulation.

Mute all the tracks other than FX, check that LFO depths are set to zero with above manipulation, and report.
Also, try only with one mono source, just to be sure it’s not the two sources messing with each other somehow, and center it.

2 Likes