Unwanted echo effect in Model Cycles

Hi fellow Cyclists,

I have only had my Cycles a few days so I’m still learning a lot.

I’ve got this annoying echo effect going on and I can’t work out what’s causing it and how I can turn it off. Each time I press a trigger or a pad it makes a sound then, about 1 second later, it repeats, like an echo.

Can anyone advise on how I can get rid of it and what the cause is?

Thanks

Jonni

You probably have the delay on one of the tracks. if you hold down the trk button you will control all the tracks, then turn the delay knob down so you are turning the delay down for all the tracks.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give that a go next time. I got rid of it by rebooting this time. It’s a bit of steep learning curve!

Oops, I didn’t read everything. As @warpigs330 already put it, if you’re unsure what track is sending to the delay, you can hold the TRACK button and turn down the Delay send knob. This will make all six tracks stop sending to the delay. Then you can add delay to each as desired.

You may also want to adjust the Delay Feedback to something at least less than 100 so that it decays more quickly over time.

Another nice trick is quickly double tapping the playback stop button to silence the effects like Delay, Reverb, or long sustaining notes if they’re getting out of hand.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who read and commented on this. I’ve worked it out now. I had audio over USB as well as audio out and there was delay between the two outputs coming through my monitors. I’ve disconnected the USB and all is good. This is the first synth I have owned that does audio over USB so I wanted to check it out, but forgot to disconnect the audio cables :roll_eyes:

5 Likes