Unusual Dub Techno

More dub than techno, but innovative and beautiful, me thinks.

RIP AW

3 Likes

textures :ok_hand:

13 Likes

Ritual

3 Likes

Great great posts in here so far. Hope this thread maintains an even paced trickle of interesting tracks over time. I want to understand why this genre is so poo-pooed.

1 Like
6 Likes

In one interview he said he’s inspired by ambient and dub techno but yea it’s more deep, ambient, hypnotic techno(italian, northen techno). I dont’t have dub techno feeling but love his tracks.

1 Like

Whooaaa, that’s lovely. :sparkles:

Something i put together some years back, unusual enough? I dunno

4 Likes

I didn’t realize this genre was so pooh-poohed? I am a relatively recent newcomer to it and find that the blending of my favorite elements of dark-ish house and gritty Scientist dubs is just so fascinating.

Can’t believe RDJ as caustic window has a dub entry! How did I miss this?

2 Likes

1990! might sound less unusual referenced amongst all the derivatives that came after, but one of the first, most out there, primal and deepest. on a huge PA this ones vast.

:cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket: :cricket:

2 Likes

I don’t know how unusual it is but I love how this track has that same vibe and slow progression without resorting to typical dub cliches.

Reminds me a bit of Polar Inertia:

3 Likes

That’s incredibly good music. Thanks!
Vol. 2 is great as well, and Vol. 3 is about to be released!

5 Likes
2 Likes

this is pretty amazing

1 Like

I’ve grabbed all the LPs. Been obsessed with the project. The first cassette release in 2013 was wiped from the internet for a while but was recently uploaded here:

Scooped this uon album up last bandcamp friday:

I’d recommend everything on west mineral/3XL/motion ward.

7 Likes

Loving this :alien:

I love both of these. It’s true that the West Mineral/Motion Ward catalogue is amazing. A new Pendant album just came out too.

One of my favs :

3 Likes

A little electro-ish which makes it appear detroit-ish in vibe

A little tech housy, but that just gives it some groove :slight_smile:

More in the vein of your typical more ambient dub techno sound, but yet still atypical :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

1 Like

Oscar Mulero has a more dark sound to his music, but I would still consider A track like this as dub techno

Lulu Rouge is a danish duo doing electronica with their past works having a clear dubby influence and a melancolic vibe to it. They’ve also worked with several great sounding vocalists

Helly Larson is sadly not with us anymore, and this is a tribute remix by Nadja Lind. I’m guessing that the very interesting breaky part starting after the middle part is hers :slight_smile:

Now I’ll just wait for someone else to post, so that I can post some more. I have a whole list of unusual dub techno coming :slight_smile: