Unmute Arranger mutes

Hey there everyone,
Newby here, got my OT for 5 days now but already love it like no other. Please forgive me if the question was already handled elsewhere on the forum, I looked around but couldn’t find it.

Is there a way to unmute tracks again that were muted by the arranger? I want a pattern to start with only one track playing and then unmute the other tracks one at a time myself with the quick mute mode. But it seems that if the arranger mutes a track there’s no way to unmute it again in that pattern. I mean I could divide the pattern into smaller parts and program the mutes in the arranger to bring in one track at a time, but that takes away the flexibility I’d like to have when performing a song.

And another question that also keeps my arrangement from working smoothly:

Do I always have to activate thru tracks manually or is there a setting to directly activate them when I hit play ?

In my case I have audio coming in thru a thru track in pattern 1 (part 1), then the arranger switches the pattern and in pattern 2 there is another thru track that I like to be active right from the beginning but it seems like I always have to activate it manually which is not very practical when performing.

Thanks for any help

Welcome

With Arranger only. Doable if you loop your pattern.
Arranger mutes disable trigs, Audio track mutes cut the audio out.
You can also mute / unmute with scenes.

A trig on the Thru track activates it.

2 Likes

Alright thanks a lot, solves my problems :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bumping this as I wish there was an option for Arranger Mutes to mute tracks as if I was out of the arranger.
That would save a lot of space in the arranger if I could just set up mutes when a pattern is launched, and then unmute them ‘live’.

Not sure to understand what you mean by

You can mute/unmute tracks with the help of scenes. Not enough for your needs?
I just wish there was a quicker shortcut to switch to the Quick Mute mode.

I mean, mute tracks from the arranger is sort of another layer of mutes, that mutes the trigs and not the audio path. And the track buttons T1 to T8 don’t appear as muted.
I wish there was a mode where the arranger would mute the tracks, in a way that they could be unmuted by hand, with [FUNC] + [TRACK].
My goal would be to set up the arranger so each row is just the next “Scene” (hello, Ableton), basically a Pattern with some mute states, with mutes still accessible from the [TRACK] buttons.

3 Likes

You could use midi loopback.

An arranger row could set the ‘track mutes state’ you want via midi messages sent from the OT to itself.

1 Like

True ! Just trying to keep it simple. Thanks for the suggestion !

:+1: yeah, it’s definitely not that - I just tried it - all good in theory except because mutes are a toggled message you can easily trigger the exact opposite mute state from what you wanted arghh!

2 Likes