Unity gain?

Hello!
So I bought my AH today. And yeah man, this thing sounds goood!
But I’m kinda puzzled… why isn’t this thing working at unity gain? When I insert it into my hardware mastering chain, there is a huge volume drop… even when it’s bypassed. I have to turn it on and turn the master volume + the front sceeen volume all the way up to get anywhere near unity gain, which makes a/b’ing virtually impossible.
Am I missing something? Is there a -10/+4 switch sonewhere, I’ve overlooked?

Cheers, Kasper

1 Like

I encountered the same thing and haven’t gotten anywhere with it so am curious about this as well.

It makes it so low drive settings on Clean Boost/Saturation/Enhancer aren’t very useful because anything less than 12 o’clock on Drive is super quiet. I use it in an effects loop with my Octatrack and actually find myself increasing the input gain on the OT, which with all other gear I’ve used into the OT has been the opposite case.

1 Like

:point_up_2: Same here!

1 Like

You do use the patch volume control to compensate, right?

Have you tried changing the input sensitivity?

1 Like

I do, but full patch volume, full master volume, full wet level, with about 50% drive on Clean Boost, still isn’t close to the level of the incoming signal.

I have just accepted it and work with it. Most of the time I’m using enough Drive to make the signal loud enough, and if not I can boost later on, but it makes using subtle settings difficult sometimes. It makes bypassing the AH pretty much useless (I’d have to physically unplug it from my chain to properly bypass), but I’ve learned that I want to use the AH on everything anyway, so it’s fine for me.

I have also experimented with input sensitivity but High seems to be the only setting that works for my purposes (with the signal being sent from OT’s cue outs). The lower settings are way too quiet and the highest setting is always too much. I still love the AH though. :slight_smile: