Unemployment VS Increased Prices due to shortage

How do you get those clients?

1 Like

the only problem is that your paperwork & reporting is punitive to receive an allowance less than you need to live on… but healthcare is probably world-best.

The return is the product or service that you bought, isn’t it? Do you want Starbucks to return you some cash amount out of what you paid them for coffee in addition to the actual coffee you bought? wouldn’t you prefer to just get cheaper coffee? In that case, you could go to a cheaper competitor. Want to share the economic success? you can buy shares of Starbucks on the NY stock exchange and literally share the success. But you have to share the losses too.

1 Like

You might like cooperatives. A structure of business where employees own a share.

2 Likes

Hmmm. Income tax pays for those things, rather than tax on business. Corporation tax is (rightly) very low and I think business rates stay local.

1 Like

Payroll tax isn’t low, a shame too as it cuts into everyone’s pockets.

1 Like

Country dependent. Can only talk from my perspective as a sole trader, and past business owner in Australia. Tax is all federal.

1 Like

Because unemployment won’t pay more for more than a few months. Your idea doesn’t match State funding.

1 Like

I was referring to people that are currently on unemployment, not the future when it runs out. I should’ve clarified. Businesses are slowly reopening, but will people jump right back into the workforce or wait? Of course they’ll have to go back to work once the benefits expire, how would they pay rent or eat with no income?

1 Like

There are shortages because of the same reason, the economy shut down and is eking along?

1 Like

Yes, I was the founder of a start up. I’ve worked my entire professional career in start ups until very recently.

1 Like

It needn’t be that way. Deductions should be made from the employee’s wage and should offer value for money - a proper healthcare system.

Congrats, I truly hope those ventures where successful. It does seem weird to me you’d be so anti business being that your entire professional career has been trying to build a brand and navigate into a sustainable job creating business. I must have missed your initial point.

Unfortunately payroll tax pulls from employer/employees pockets. It sucks that you have to put that in the equation when talking wages as it’s a non tangible expense.

As for healthcare, that’s an entire topic on its own that I’ll back away slowly and refrain from comment.

In the UK it’s tangible, the value is listed when taken from the employees pay. The employer doesn’t pay, that would be a tax on employment (a bad incentive). The amount appears on the pay slip.

It works slightly differently if you’re self employed.

Interesting. Not in the US, employer pays as well. It’s painful. Makes it harder for those pesky owners to eat. :wink:

It’s not that I’m anti business. I’m pro worker.

I’ve helmed failing startups. It sucks. You end up letting a bunch of people down.

1 Like

…but you may have also given someone a chance that was overlooked by a larger employer. If only for a short time…it’s better than nothing at all

1 Like

Oh I don’t know, sounds like the business should give a better incentive, like I don’t know, paying employees more? The cost of living is disproportionate to the wages employers give. It is no surprise that they’re having difficulties getting people back. It’s really exposing a bunch of flaws of these businesses.

Having been an employee and employer I’m pro both. Though I think I’m the outlier. Seen a lot of workers and employers get screwed, I can see why one would be loyal to one side. I had an employer steal my 401K $$, people are just mean no matter what side of the desk they sit on.