Unappreciative partner

Love at first sight!

Man, some people have ALL the luck!

That, That’s something :wink:

I re-read things to understand where things slowly confused so i would like to say something. Don’t start another thread, one where it will be too much appreciation, subjective judgment…

We’re talking here about “Unappreciative - Appreciative Partner”

and it was @Ianh54 related and then experience shared from elektronauts point of view male or female we don’t care.

(exclude gender as i perfectly see possible a woman on gear with an unappreciative partner male with her … easily… as the principle is exactly the same)

and not woman in the music industry, or man in the music industry and all artifial marketing aspects badly choosen (Even if this corresponds to trends, practice of a certain category of human being)

because we’ve all see the man object, and the women’s Sexuality / body turn into a commercial argument (like model behind the desk and worst…)

My point is and i’m not relaunch something just sayin’ that’s OFF-TOPIC

I think people listen to music based on its merit and what sort of music they favour or like. Whether they are into electronic music making or just listening for pleasure, as an escape, to dance/ let yourself go to or whatever. I dont think many people buy music baaed on gender. there will always be music sold on the basis of sex. Pretty girls sell records so people wanting to make money will continue to use that avenue. We dont have to buy it. But someone will. Or maybe they happen to like the music besides the image being projected. Thats a real possibility.
And the image is not always being foisted upon them. Sometimes the girls are happy with their sexuality and like to show it. If we agree with that seems a little bit of a moot point to me. I like music quite a lot if it has a sexual energy, so that is a part that calls out to me. Music is primal. It is sexual. At least to me. Just my tuppence worth.
Lets try and keep this thread about partners - a new thread on it would be interesting though i think :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it kind of construct like a sexual act… so…

a new thread on it would be interesting though i think

SHOULD ! Agree… but then i send bravery to moderators hahaha

Not very sure how a “electronic music gender?” thread would go exactly, I don’t even understand what it was all about so far…
Maybe let’s just stick to the topic for this one, friends?

7 Likes

Agreed

I listen to music from a woman just as I would anyone else. If it’s good I am impressed. Most of the music I listen to has pseudonyms, so there’s no way of telling who I’m listening to. I haven’t tapped into the scene yet, so I don’t go to shows. I like what I like. Regardless of who.

I WILL say if a lady makes good music, I’m immediately inclined to date her. I’ve been past due for marrying Regina Spektor for YEARS(she doesn’t know it yet, but her song “Us” was about her and me)

3 Likes

Is your wife single?

4 Likes

HAHAHAHahaha! That’s the funniest thing I’ve read in a week! :smiley:

You’ll find that answer in her eyes.

and in mine as well.
:happy:

12 Likes

You cheat the wedding photos it is always happiness… i leave the table Adam… make a photo tonight.

:joy: (of course kidding…)

1 Like

Not a wedding photo, we were just going out for a burger in this one.

6 Likes

Ok my Bad ! Have a nice burger with your soulmate so… :wink:

1 Like

My argument with the initial poster was that I didn’t see how a particular artist “used her sex”, the subsequent poster more explicitly assumed they used sex, based on even less knowledge of what we were discussing and thus came off even more hamfisted. I’m not discussing the merits or demerits of using boobs to sell media, I just thought it bizarre that an indie singer/songwriter was being tarred with that accusation explicitly because of her sex.

tarred - I was just rambling about my opinions, hardly tarring anyone, heh who gives a hoot about a 40pushing anon pleb talking online anyway. IMO you took it quite personally but anyways…

I apologize for messing up the thread. But you have given me much to think about, and contemplating on it has sharpened my own views wrt to the subject. And @Ianh54 was right on the money when stating “Maybe they happen to like the music besides the image being projected”. This was exactly what I (needlessly and off-topicly) tried to say. In my world, everyone is a HUMAN being first and foremost, and progressively develops into a microgenre from there, divided by gender, upbringing, social status, religion, culture, surroundings, traumas etcetc. This is how I have been raised. So I cannot identify with a “projected image” that goes gender first, be it male or female. And I am not talking about boobs or pectoral muscles here, but all ways how one can project a sense of gender. If this is considered sexist, then I am a sexist towards men and women both.

Looking back now, I don’t even know why I felt the need to start talking about this, especially in such a stupid and offtopic way. But it is there and while for the sake of thread hygiene I should delete all of it, it would make even more confusing reading by doing so.

But that’s it. not a peep from me about this anymore. Please lets get back to appreciative/unappreciative partners!

3 Likes

I think “not being to identify with” is key here.

Plenty of stuff fits that bill for me: black metal with heathen overtones, testosterone fuelled cock rock, people who sing about Jesus…

For what it is worth, I agree and appreciated your viewpoint. I think too much was assumed about what you said. I am against too much political correctness creeping in. I agree it is off topic.

1 Like

got a “new” + “partner” …
showed her my A4 + AR goodness yesterday.

one track was glitchy with 90 bpm … the other was 120 fourtothefloor

then I asked her if she ever was in a club. she said she was in a club once (or twice)

I asked her, then you never spend like 10 hours with a DJ through an audio journey? … off course not.

she said she could see “vampires fighting with zombies” in my music (that was the glitchy track 90 bpm) and she brabbled some words “psychodelic”

then she asked what those lights did (on my AR)

guys , guuuuys … I should really not try to show off my music to “unappreciative” audiences. Its just like showing football hooligans the MonaLisa 2 min before kickoff.

4 Likes