Unappreciative partner

The difference is that you ignore/prefer the “male angle”.

There is nothing so “girly” about their production and marketing.

This thread is golden! I always find it funny that the passion that became initial attraction often becomes the death knell in a relationship. i.e. “He’s so funny” can mutate into “Why is everything always a joke to you?”

I’m pretty self-aware, and I’ll selfishly put my needs first in order to work on music. I don’t want to be a shitty partner so I’m usually single because of this. But I once met someone that I clicked with and there was that mutual understanding, because she was an artist herself. Big ups to all those out there who have found that, you guys inspire me to keep searching!

3 Likes

Motifs as songs?! You mean THAT’S what I’ve been doing?! Ah! I thought I was just meandering! Thank you!

I just play a loop over and over again with absolutely no transitions or change and just hope everyones on MDMA so they dont care/notice/realise this is reality and those badgers and other forest animals foraging in the club for space armour arent actually there… But their dancing jaws still are… Is that a motif!!!

1 Like

What is a “male angle”?

And I wasn’t implying “girly”, more like feminist

1 Like

Every time I’m with a girl I’m cheating on my music. Or is it the other way around? I get easily confused with matters like this. :loopy:

2 Likes

Record your girl talking, and then sample it. Musical Three-Way ;D

2 Likes

Nice one! Definitely going to get my freak on with that.

1 Like

locked grooves, all day sir!

Yeah, that still makes little sense. It’s okay to not like female singer/songwriters but your idea that their brand of indie is “not about the music” comes off as rather sexist.

This isn’t a place to sum up a person’s character with some buzzwords. Save that for facebook. This is a lovely music forum and @tsutek is a cool guy

And who said not liking? I do like their music, but just don’t respect them as much as artists.

Hey, english os not my native tongue. If I have missed some nuances that come naturally with native engislh speaking, or if I have offended anyone, you have my apologies. I have never been called a sexist IRL, and this is the first time someone is doing it online as well (you can prolly tell I’m not on facebook lol)

Guess the point I was trying to make is, I cannot relate to artists that use their appearance or gender as a part of their, whatever constitutes as being artist. Guys who flex their muscles and expensive cars/bling singing about macho BS, or girls showing skin/hypersexualizing themselves, or singing about how they love being a muthafn btch. If this pisses someone off, then I do apologize, but I will still not change my mind about it.

I’ll finish this by posting a sexist link for yall:

And sorry for being off-topic. Yesterday was a bit weird

2 Likes

But that’s how you’re looking at them, as women and not artists. If you assume male is the default you will of course see nothing but these unnecessary differences.

Again! Like what you like but focusing on their gender as a negative to their craft seems bizarre and unnecessary. Possibly it’s getting lost in translation somewhere :slight_smile:

Some present themselves as artists others present themselves as pieces of meat

1 Like

Dj Boobs doesn’t garnish the same respect as Ellen Allien

1 Like

Yes. The examples tsutek provided are not “pieces of meat”. I accept that there may be a miscommunication there but your assumption here is the sort of juvenile misogyny better found on other sites for bro-y musicians than Elektronauts.

1 Like

I think you’re being very rude. No ones being malicious here but you. We’re merely sharing our perceptions with the thread, not stating anything in any definitive terms just how we see it. If you disagree with us with how we see things there are certainly more civil ways to go about it.

If you continue to attack the character of the beloved people in this thread, I’ll flag your post. Let’s be reasonable and communicate as equals. You clearly have a different perspective on this than we do, so what is the angle that we aren’t seeing?

1 Like

bro-y? as in bro brobro?

Whenever I think about jocks broing out I think about this bit lol

1 Like

I met my wife on a dance floor, and when I used the word “electro” she asked me “you mean like Aux-88, electro, right?”

So I cannot relate in any way to this thread.

7 Likes