Unable to turn off delay?

so i just cleared a factory sequence and am writing a new pattern. however one of the tracks seems unable to have the delay removed. there’s no LFO activity, no delay added in the amp menu. what’s going on here?

bump/ this is still confusing the hell out of me. why can’t i turn off repeats on some sound pack/preset sounds? any ideas? global delay off, track delay off, arp off - still getting repeats with certain patches

im just guessing, but maybe the patches in question have different amp envelope settings per voice…

so, like, you’re playing one note, but then it triggers another voice with a slower attack setting with the same note-on message.

…hope that makes sense… i’m not with my DN right now.

it could sound like delay but it’s just two voices triggered at the same time that become audible at different rates

1 Like

this seems plausible- gonna keep sleuthing :slight_smile:

I stumbled over something similar as far as I can remember, and my solution was to check the FX settings (especially when using factory presets!)

I think the chorus settings had delay on it, I was so reliefed not to be retarded but to actually find the reason for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Let me know what it was

4 Likes

Occasionally the delay bugs out on mine and shows a zero value when that’s not actually the case. Try turning the delay up and then back down to zero.

1 Like

As @manolo points out, you can send effects to each other - so you send the chorus to delay, delay to reverb etc etc. Had me for a while when it first happened, like you, I couldn’t figure out why I was still getting a delay effect…it was the chorus sending to delay. Func + syn2, check and make sure the chorius isn’t sending to delay or reverb - knobs F and G.

2 Likes

thanks everyone - sorted now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why is there no delay level control on digitone? On digitakt there is a level parameter at the bottom right, if delay runs away you can turn it down right there. Where is it on digitone?

It’s swapped over to the bottom left, use the level/data knob to adjust. Really tripped me up for a while, thinking I was adjusting track level but instead changing FX or master levels.

1 Like

oh man I had this killing me recently. It turned out that it was an LFO pointed to DEL AMP.
So thanks to the guy who mentioned looking at your LFOs!
Along the way I found out about the master effects, which I was not aware of!
good to know.
I guess that is the danger of using presets as a starting point for your own patch. Baggage!