Unable to exit grid recording mode

Suddenly, I am unable to exit grid recording mode. No matter what I do, I can’t seem to make the transport control buttons to anything other than copy page, paste page etc…

I’ve had the machine since it was first released and have NEVER had this before. Admittely, it’s been a while since it’s been switched on, so I am hoping/guessing user error.

Nobody experienced this?

There must be something very wrong with the way I’m handling the OT.

Could it be that Function button has been stuck?
Easy way to check that would be to power cycle your OT, if it starts up and shows a list of choices to make (i e factory reset etc).

1 Like

Yeah, no the function button works just fine.

I’ve tried power cycling it, and empty reset starting it holing the function button when powering up.

If it’s stuck in page copy , paste etc check the scale /page button for stickiness, dust…

1 Like

^^Yeap, sounds like the SCALE page is the culprit here…

1 Like

Ok, not in front of the machine now, but could problems with the scale button cause this stuff?

Thanks no matter, I’ll check it out!

Any button getting stuck can give similar misbehaviour, depending on what their function(s) are. The UI board are continuesly scanning for any button presses. So yeah these things can happen and sometimes it can take very long to find the fault as it can even potentially be the internal mechanism or the soldering of the button itself that fails (even though that it feels perfectly normal when you press it).

In anyway, it´s a good practice to look for these basic things (i e buttons stuck) when unexpected situations like yours occur. Same with cables, and/or their communication (i e MIDI).

If nothing helps, then contact support of course.

1 Like

This just started happening to me tonight. Were you able to resolve it? It stopped for me after reseting the OT but happened again 10 minutes later :frowning:

Same for me. I need to restart OT and then it works until next time i enter Record Mode. Then it stucks again. No Idea how to fix that.

Did you run test mode?
Hold FUNCTION + POWER ON > Press Trig 1

Reminds me of a bug (solved now) in the Digitone. Same symptoms. Needed to cycle through all the tracks to get out of the copy/paste loop.

@roadmoviemusic This doesn*t work for me.

@sezare56 Yes I tried this. Everything [OK]

The Issue happens when I am in Record Mode, press a empty Trig and hold it, rotate any Parameter. After this Action each Paramater becomes inverted if rotated even if Trig is relaesd. To fix that I need to turn off the OT then.

I also Formated the SD Card and made a Empty Reset. Nothing helps. Maybe OS Downgrade will help.

Don’t only let it run the automatic tests, but also test all the buttons by yourself (pressing and releasing them multiple times) to see if one of them gets stuck (still lit even if you’ve released the button). In 99.9% problems like these are always hardware related. Either sticky buttons or lose cables …

You are reporting two different unintended behaviours: the first quote (to which I replied) references the OP from 2014 (remaining stuck in copy/paste loop) ; the second quote is another problem (remaining stuck in parameter lock mode).

These might be related, (sticky button or lose cables, like @tnussb suggested), but can you confirm that you experience both issues? They concern different button combinations.

I disasembled the OT. One Trig Button where falling out while that. So one Trig Button was / is broken and thats the Reason for this Issues.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that but glad you found the root cause…

I got new trig buttons from Elektron, fixed it and now it’s working like a charm.

4 Likes