Unable To Chose VST Folder For Overbridge

As title suggests, whenever i attempt to chose my specific VST folder [which is not on my C drive] the button is greyed out and i’m obviously unable to run it via Ableton and any program which doesn’t scan my whole computer for loose VSTs. Any ideas? is that planned to be fixed if not?

image of issue: https://gyazo.com/876361a4e77dec5354544870af1ad6f4

Can’t you just move the VST after installation is finished to your folder of choice? I’m pretty sure that’s what I did last time, could be mis-remembering.

You need to select a component you want to customize before the button gets enabled. :wink:

No, everyone i’ve seen try that has had no luck and it says specifically in the manual that it must be changed during instillation.

i’m not sure what you mean, what is the component and how do i select this?

has no one else figured this one out yet? i thought this would be a fairly common issue. :frowning:

Oh man …

For example: click on the plus sign left of “Digitakt”.

A list will open up which shows components for the Digitakt you can install.

In this list you need to select one to get the button enabled (selecting means click on it so it gets highlighted). In your case select the VST plugins of Digitakt.

This is done, because when you want to customize something, you normally don’t want to install everything in a single directory. You don’t want, for example, the standalone app to get installed into the VST folder, won’t you? Only the VST plugins should go there.

So you need to tell the installer which parts/components you want to install where by selecting them first and then change their path/location.

yeah cheers, all i needed was “it’s under the plus button, the VSTs are the components.” believe it or not i didn’t need to learn the complexities of left clicking.

From your previous answer it was absolutely not clear what you need.