Unable to change Micro Timing (Digitone)

Hey all,

For some reason in one specific session, i’m unable to change the microtiming of notes on the Digitone. I’m trying to move some notes over by a full 16th note.

It’s got nothing to do with tuning the note differently in order to hear it or anything like that because i’m moving it to an empty slot. The note just won’t move.

I would normally just change the session and move on but I like the beat that I created here and it would be a shame to just throw it away and start a new session from scratch.

Have I maybe changed a setting without knowing? :thinking:

It’ll (almost certainly) be the QUANTIZE setting in the pattern menu.

3 Likes

It’s currently set to fully quantize but even when I take it off the notes still don’t move-

Is quantize turned off both for global and the individual track?

2 Likes

Yeah but this isn’t an issue with any of my other sessions. I always quantize my parts and still have leeway to budge notes around, off of the grid, even if Global Quantize is on. :thinking: I just tested it with other sessions and have no probs.

Weird - could be a bug then. I can’t think of anything else that would prevent microtiming from working…

1 Like

Yeah :thinking: Looks like it.

Have you tried copying the pattern to see if the problem gets copied as well? You could also experiment with the copied pattern without disturbing the other one.

1 Like

Are you talking about quantize record or quantize in the pattern settings. You cannot use microtiming with pattern quantize settings turned up. Quantized record works in a different manner by actually placing the trigs on the nearest complete step while still leaving pattern/track quantize turned off.

2 Likes

I’ll try these out when I get the chance! Thanks Algo!

This must be it…I hit the three dots-> quantize-> fully quantize the whole track- this is how i’ve been doing it in the past with no issues.

How so you switch between quantize record and quantize pattern?

Quantize record is part of live recording you can toggle it with by continuing to hold record while hitting play.

2 Likes

Ok i’ll try this out once I get back to my Digitone- thanks so much!

1 Like