Ultimate Bassline Weapon

Seems like that! Let’s wait until Typhon will be available in stores and os got updates. Thinking to check it in person then and if it’s as cool as it looks just replace Medusa with it.

1 Like

Not a sound source, but my recently discovered and now new favorite plug-in to use on bass is the Kush REDDI. Sounds fantastic on everything and sits really well in the mix. It’s also inexpensive, which earns top marks.

3 Likes

I’d say the Toraiz AS-1 (especially with its resonant high pass) but you have that pretty much covered with the Prophet 6

2 Likes

Thnx 4 suggestion. Need to take a look!

1 Like

A Great plug-in (and Hardware) Company.

4 Likes

Digitone
DX7
DFAM

4 Likes

It doesn’t exist yet but I have a dream of a digitable :heart_eyes:

Digitable binary…

1 Like

Werkstatt can kick out some serious low end.
System 100m.
303 is lovely for bass.
Generally, although by no means all the time, I prefer single osc bass sounds, but depends on the track of course.
MS10 is a bass monster, so is MS20 but completely different due to the hpf.
FM bass can be great too.

3 Likes

gosh gee-whizz and gosh again!

I’m just imagining blending between the two over and over again… when no one’s around obs…

then again, if you’re not getting caught, are you really livin’?

1 Like

Moogs make thick bass, probably all of them. The AS1 sounds huge. Really fat. But I made the experience that I often have serious problems to get such thick bass fit into the mix.
If the track has enough space then ok, a mighty bass is great and they sound great on their own. But it‘s hard to tame them, cause if you tame them, they might not sound anymore how they were intented to.
Anyway, I often seem to prefer punchy one oscillator basses… sh101, juno kinda basses.
The 303 without the squelchy resonance also seems to sit very nice into my kind of mixes. Fm basses can also be punchy and round… 3 Vcos from the minimoog probably eat my whole track :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

I’ve been using the microfreak for basses lately and I’m not disappointed.

My minitaur is also a good fail-safe bass option.

Bass station II is also nice but I rarely use it.

2 Likes

Yeah good call, BS 2 is a cracker

4 Likes

Grandmother.

6 Likes

Favorite analog bass: Waldorf Pulse + (break windows), FR777 (303 on 'roids), Perfourmer (4x/2x/1x Moogy basses),

Wildest was WMD Synchrodyne driving (and filtering) a Malekko Megawave. Gnarly and disgusting.

1 Like

Yes!

Although the only synth that ever blew my speakers was the Sequential Pro-One on a bass patch.

9 Likes

Juno 106. I thought the subs were gonna break my windows. Made the knocker on my front door vibrate.

6 Likes

:slight_smile: Pulse could put out some serious sub bass.

Though the synth that broke the most speakers for me was the Monomachine. Can’t beat GND-SIN+EQ for that. Too low for my ears. Had a soft spot for the DBX/Aphex/BBE subharmonic generators/exciters too.

1 Like

I like my SH-01a. Don’t care about analog. The output tones are the only real tell all.

4 Likes

Monomachine is my favorite synth for bass, though not for analog sounds.

5 Likes