UB-Xa ( Keyboard and Desktop ) from Behringer

Actually, Loopop, and others do, as they usually have affiliate links in the description that they make money from. Granted, channels like Loopop, etc. are usually pretty transparent about whether or not they were paid by the company to review it or not, and I would trust their opinion more than a store like Andertons.

1 Like

Yes, they do make direct from affiliations/referrals, I forgot about that, but I don’t think that’s a huge return amount for those guys… having your own actual money tied up in stock has a way of motivating you to sell it. :grinning:

1 Like

finally watched the Anderton’s video. yikes! talk about epically failing to steal someone’s thunder. :rofl:

someone needs to do a “you” vs “the guy she told you not to worry about” meme for this and the OB-X8…

yeah I don’t see why anyone would buy this trash when they could get the OB-6 module for around the same price (used, or if you find a deal on a new one). especially since people will be offloading them to help fund OB-X8’s. availability will increase and prices will drop.

2 Likes

Jacks just released a new video for Andertons. And it sounds a million times better(well nearly). Im at a loss as to why its still available on Youtube abd why Behringer havent stepped in to ask them to remove it.

2 Likes

Where’s the new vid? I couldn’t see it on YT. Tried their site but I won’t work properly on my iPad.

2 Likes

Its not the Behringer. Im just saying the sound quality. You can definitely hear the difference.

2 Likes

Exactly my point.

I guess I was just thinking about how weird it must be to shill products on a video that you know deep down are really not worthy of your comments.

2 Likes

From Behringer’s Facebook page:

Want to hear the raw power of the UB-Xa? Then look no further! :loud_sound:
UB-Xa Beta Tester ‘Synth King’ has put together an awesome sound only demo. No external effects/processing, just pure 16 voices of UB-Xa :musical_keyboard:

5 Likes

Sounds really good

1 Like

Sounds a lot better than the Anderton’s video. Still don’t think it’s got the bite or raw sound to match the OB-X8, but that’s just based on a few YouTube videos.

1 Like

I agree, but for less than 1500, that’s a no-brainer.

I think it sounds very good , i mean really good. I do have the Ob6 and i want this one.

1 Like

Sounded good to me, very good at times.

1 Like

I sure hope so, the whole design for the OB-X8, is to do all that and go beyond, and mix many different Oberheim synths together. That should sound better, the OB-X8 is a different design. It’s a different synth.

3 Likes

Exactly. People keep comparing this to the new OB-X8, or even the OB-6, but they are all different machines. The only comparison that makes sense is to compare this UB-Xa to an OB-Xa, since it is a clone of that machine.

3 Likes

And careful comparison at that, since Behringer “clones” now are not like the clones before. The poly-aftertouch keyboard being an example of an enhancement. Sixteen voices is another. Etc.

3 Likes

Right, and vintage knob as well.

1 Like

+1. That sounds ready to go.

Tom Oberheim is not happy.