UAD Essentials deal - tempting

Generally speaking, UAD provides free updates for their plugins for a very long time unlike Izotope or Waves. The DRM thing sucks, but the plugins are an amazing value at this price.

1 Like

See this is what I hope these companies realize. Sure you might be losing a little money to piracy, but you’re also losing money from potential customers who don’t want to buy your software because you make it a pain in the ass to use. I probably won’t buy anything else from them.

I’ve left a few reviews and comments to them on social media to communicate this (like that will change anything), but who knows?

Yeah I have the same issue. That said I have some Waves and UAD plugins that I think are so great. just went for it. The pultec EQ for me is a total win even just for defining the kick at 40 or 60 and the bass at 100 using the boost/attenuate thing. Honestly worth the $50 just for that.

I also really like the LA2A because it is great for taming spiky stuff like sampled vocals that get loud AF or too harsh sometimes, and also things like a 303 that does the same. Works great on bass as well.

Im not a fan of UAD hardware interfaces but their plugins are really good at getting the sounds I want when it comes to the old gear.

I was able to punch a coupon they gave me and get the API2500 compressor for $14. So thats a no brainer. I had been wanting that API sound forever and they do a great job with it.

2 Likes

No, not everything has to do with piracy, sweetcheeks.

Most iLok authorizations from most sensible companies are machine authorizable rather than only via UA’s cloud/internet system. What makes it even more stoopid is that the LA2A they recently gave away free is machine authorization.

Yeah, it’s just not worth it for me, especially with these. I think I have other versions of all these same plug-ins, but I would be interested to see how they stack up. But not if I need to be online or bring a USB stick with me. At the same time, these are probably not the integral pieces missing for me to make bangers :joy:

Yeah, for me its more about doing my best to make a banger with whatever and then making sure the mix is good so I can get it released. It’s more of the polish at the end.

Whatever helps me with that is what I will use. some plugins just make it easier and faster for me to get the sound I want and the kick/bass balance.

You beat me to it!!

I signed up to download / trial Luna since now free but the agressive Spam from these guys have kind of put me off installing it as well as reading (not sure here or Gearspace) that a zillion internet things occur constantly in the background to various servers

Yeah it’s been annoying me as well. At least one email every day since as well. And yet, I haven’t yet unsubscribed. Maybe they have some power over me.

1 Like

Who, exactly, are they marketing to this year? These images just creep me out.

3 Likes

I just got the Opal and API Vision upgrade. Best prices ever :wink: but I find it totally anoying that the UAD online store does not accept VAT ID when you purchase as an EU business customer. And you get an invoice where tax ist just stated as „tax“ and not „vat“. So this could be any tax in theory.

well Hainbach seems quite happy with his sale purchase anyway … :rofl:

I love UAD plug-ins. I’m still running OS Mavericks with my MBP & UA Apollo Twin interface , am not connected the internet, & am loving it. Until that old MBP machine totally falls over I have no desire to upgrade anything.

1 Like

Well, it’s not often you catch a sale on those eye blurring knit wool Christmas sweaters he likes to wear and a UAD AI plug in kit on the same day, bit of a perfect storm of sorts. Like winning the lottery with reverse consequences.

2 Likes