Typing in Lowercase in the AR?

Hey guys, quick simple question. I couldn’t find anything about this in the manual or after doing searches on the forum and on google…

is it possible to type in lowercase letters in the Analog RYTM when, for example, creating a new directory?

it seems like the existing directories “factory” and “incoming” are typed in lowercase, but I can’t seem to find the option anywhere to type with lowercase letters. does anyone know if this is even possible? I’m OCD with my naming structure!

thank you!

interested hear if possible or not…

I don’t own an AR, but on the OCTATRACK
the NAMING screen (press [FUNCTION] during name entry)
has a second page when you scroll down.

The lowercase letters are on the second page at least for the OCTATRACK if I am not completely mistaken.

I will test it when I am back home.

…never actually looked into this myself…will check

…just tried out all possible (possibly :slight_smile: ) two buttons combinations, nothing…guess it’s only uppercase letters that can be used

edit: …but managed to overwrite a kit and change its name :smiley: :sob: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I tried it with my OCTATRACK and you can select uppercase and lowercase letters.

However on the A4 i can only select uppercase letters.

thanks for the input guys!

yea i tried what seems like every possible 2-button combo to no avail. not a huge deal obviously, but maybe something that can easily be added in the future?

when importing samples with extended SDS checked (so filenames transfer over), lowercase letters are reflected in the filename when imported. funny you can’t type them in yourself though.

thanks again!