Tyler Martin - Grungy Electronic Pop Adjacent - a new album every 3 months

New album out today! $0+ on bandcamp. It’s called Skipper’s Cool Math. Electronic pop, wordy (think Magnetic Fields).

This was a collection of songs I had built up in Seattle and started recording the week I got to Greensboro. I wasn’t sure all my instruments would survive the trip so I loaded a bunch of samples of my earlier work onto the Octatrack. Fortunately every instrument survived, but I struggled to set things up in a meaningful, cohesive way in the time between moving in and starting a new job (for those of you interested in gear set-up pictures:

. No comments on monitor placement please :wink: ). This less-than-ideal setup helped me focus on one or two instruments at a time and build a bunch of songs around my previous year’s work.

Here’s a song that I made almost completely with the Monomachine (listen for the vocal synth feature in the second half of the song!): Halifax
Here’s a song that I made on the OT with a few samples and some LFOs: Peony Bowed Windward

Free to download! Happy Friday :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is lovely, I’m really enjoying it, has a very personal vibe.

I’ll download to give it a proper whole listen soon.

All the best! Stay great!

1 Like

New album out today! Free download.

Coast Notes from the SF Bay, made with an Octatrack, a digitone, and some guitars.

These songs are about a time in my life when I lived in Santa Cruz CA and kept getting pulled up the coast on wild errands to every beach you could imagine. Enjoy!

1 Like

New album out! 0$+ More guitar and drum machine crusty pop.

This album is called Automatic Twist and the first song is a 20 minute fantasy epic where 10 of my musical idol couples come to my and my wifes wedding. Who are the couples? First one to PM me their first and last names gets a mix cd!

The rest of the songs are about combustion - air and fire, transformation: a swarm of bugs, a blown up bridge, driving through a dust cloud.

Made this with an Analog Rytm (no fancy patterns, just lots of muting and unmuting) a Nord Electro (under-rated) and a Dave Smith Pro 3. Tried to sound like the Residents, Weather Report and Van Der Graaf Generator.

1 Like

New album out today! It’s called Partial Undercurrent.

Made the backing tracks by playing percussive guitar into a looper and using the midi out of the looper to trigger odd length phrases from my Analog 4.

Listened to the Cleaners from Venus on heavy repeat while making this.

It’s on Bandcamp now! Free download or pay what you want.