Two tier acrylic stand and NEW: Elektron MK1 and MK2 + Ableton Push Stand

I used a masking tape that is super easy to peal when the hot glue gets cold. Anyway I think you can use any tape and put some talcum powder or wet it with water or oil to make it easy to peal. Do some testing with your tape and glue first to see the best way.

Also I used a wood where I drill the guides for the bolts, depending on the bolts’s length you will need to set a space between the wood and the bolts head.

EDIT1: Make the guides big enough so the bolts can fit by just pressing them, but tight enough so they remains at the desired height. I started drilling, then I used the bolts rotating them counterclockwise with a fast electric screwdriver, while doing pressure till the bolts gets to the bottom effortlessly.

I used Allen bolts cos I think the head has more surface for the glue to stick than regular Philips bolts.

Also is a good idea to reduce the Masking tape glue with some powder or oil to make it easy to remove from the wood prior to peeling.

And at last but no least it is better if you use individuals masking tape pieces for each bolt, again it will make it easier to remove the pieces from the wood.

Good luck!

1 Like

Ive just got my sides lasercut and spent all day running round trying to find M3 bolts, these things seem to be rare as rocking horse shit. Ive been everywhere, hardware shops, Homebase, maplins, screwfix, B&Q. What’s with these bolts? Everywhere in the world has M4. Making these sides has been the biggest hassle, I almost wish I’d just ordered some sides now. At least I get to customise it properly though. Gonna have to wait till the 16th to get some bolts delivered from amazon which is super frustrating. Anyone else struggle to find these bolts?

Sorry to hear that, I can purchase those bots at 3 blocks from home in a regular bolt store, and I live in Montevideo Uruguay, South America, never thought that was so hard in the rest of the world.

I you want I can mail you some. Just let me know.

Best

I was surprised too, Would have thought they’d be everywhere but apparently not. Much appreciated man but I’ve already ordered some. Until they come I got the only ones available, they’re M3 x 20mm so way too long. I managed to find some M3 nuts which I’m gonna use to shorten the threaded part. They’re just gonna have to overhang until the other ones arrive. Nice one for the offer :thup:

1 Like

Anytime!

Hey Gustavo,

Any chance you could send me the blueprints for your 2 tier elektron rack? My neighbour just got a laser cutter! Thanks!

Of course, just please read the accompanied guide or you may break your machines for good.

Check your inbox

Just upgraded A4 to Mk2 and this is the upgraded stand that uses the same anchor. Need a bit of fine tunning still.

3 Likes

Gee I hope you are still around.
I have been trying to find a dual stand for my Octo MK1’s & MNM and so many have the rear box waaaay too vertical.
This design looks fabulous.
Any chance I can get my hands on those plans?
Fingers crossed!

1 Like

Check your inbox!

Hi @gbravetti

I am also on a mission to build stands from my OT and A4 MK1. just starting on the 3d models, so would be good to build on your plans. Any chance you can send them over.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hey dude, could you send me the blueprints please?

1 Like

would love to have the templates for this!
Do you think you could send them to me?

1 Like

Hey! do you happen to have the templates for this also?

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Sorry about the delay! Please read the instructions carefully, I don’t take any responsibility if you broke your machines.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz3y97xjp4krti7/Low%20Profile%20Acrylic%20Stands%20for%20Elektron%20by%20Gustavo%20Bravetti.zip?dl=1

2 Likes

I did those about five years ago so I suspect they might be on a dead computer but I’ll have a look and get back to you.

1 Like

@rstk found them -

As per @gbravetti says above, make sure you are very careful with the length of screws that you use. If the screws are too long they can contact the circuit boards inside the machine and cause damage.

1 Like

Thanks!!

Thanks for sharing this :slight_smile: