Two sounds on one step

Hey Elektronauts,
I already know how to assign a sound to a specific step and how to add multiple notes to a step in grid mode. Is it possible to trigger eg bassdrum sound and a snare sound on the same track and step like ?

best regards
meisterglanz

The usual workaround is : program one of the sounds on the next step, then nudge the next step tempo (section 10.6 of your manual “MICRO TIMING MENU”) to the left to match the previous step. The idea is to align the current step and the next on the same beat.

I don’t have a Digitone but this tip works on a Digitakt / Analog Four.

P.S. : you can use the previous step too, obviously.

The downside is: if you need these next/previous steps to do something else, it won’t work.

9 Likes

What @Normalogic said is the closest you’ll get, on one track.

Of course this can be achieved without microtiming, if you sacrifice another track.
Depending on what your other tracks are doing, if you don’t have anything on the trig, then stick the snare or whatever in there and voila 2on1.

3 Likes

If you shift a second sound via micro timing on a (already used) trig, don’t forget that they need a different pitch. And you have to deactivate the quantize function (happened a lot to me) :wink:

3 Likes

This was useful! But what about if i want to enable/disable sounds inside one track? I explain myself…I have 4/4 kick on 1-5-9-13 and hi hats on 2-4-6-8-10-12. When i enable the track the steps start all together, but what if i want first the kicks and then enable hihats whenever i feel like? Is there this possibility with digitone?

Use Fill condition on the hat trgs maybe?

3 Likes

Multi map works great for drums now.

1 Like

Yep, when I finger-drum on the Digitone with multi-mapped drums, I can play/record more than one sound on a single step. The trick to this is, each sound in the multi-mapped kit has to target a different note.

4 Likes

Here’s a write-up I did on multi-mapped drums with the latest OS.

4 Likes

if it’s one one track and you have some parts you want to deactivate while keeping others, one trick is to plock the velocity on ones you want there all the time and don’t plock the ones you want to take out, then press and spin the vel setting quickly down to cut out the un-plocked ones. the plocked ones will stay.

Hello,
it’s been 3 days that I try to do words for words what you describe without success, I think it is possible to play 2 sounds on the same track and on the same trig in multi tap, but in no case to record these two sounds at the same time, we agree?

You should be able to record multiple sound trigs, but only if you are using the Digitone buttons as keys, not an external controller. I can record these if I set things up as described.

I tried to make the description as detailed and accurate as needed, so my apologies if something in the writing wasn’t clear or I if I accidentally left something out. I don’t think I did, but it’s possible.

I’m trying to do it with the digitone buttons keys, but it does not work, maybe it’s me who forgets something.

Once in three the sound is slightly different, louder, but in any case I do not distinguish the two sounds as they were played, I start a default project, can not be configured as you? or the vox number menu, there is nothing to do?
I’m going crazy, my digitone is new, in 1.21, maybe it’s defective …

I tried everything it does not work … but in midi loop mode, we get there while keeping the 4 tracks intact, so 4 synths and beat with as many voices available.

1 Like

@DJSpaceP I too have followed these directions several times and am unable to get 2 sounds to play on the same trig. Recording with clacky keys as well as Digitone Keys keyboard. Anybody have any ideas here?

Seems like I might need to do a video. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes ! Please !